Microsoft is helping students stay ahead of the curve with free YouthSpark Coding Camps at select Microsoft Stores nationwide all summer. Coding is a hugely, essential skill for the future [not taught in every school] so Microsoft stores are bridging that gap and offering a multitude of fun and interactive coding courses for all ages:
- Start Your Own Business – Ages 13+: Equip your budding entrepreneur with the knowledge, tools and support to make his/her business idea a reality. Kids learn key concepts from testing their product or idea to protecting it, and receive training on how to create their own business pitch.
- Be an Inventor with littleBits – Ages 8+: Campers will experience the littleBits invention cycle of create, play, remix, and share. Along the way, they will have the opportunity to collaborate and build inventions that solve real-world problems facing our society. Campers will showcase the best of their ideas to parents, caregivers, and peers in the final day of camp.
- Minecraft Hour of Code – Ages 8+: Explore a Minecraft world through code in this free, 90-minute camp. Use blocks of code to take Steve or Alex on an adventure through a Minecraft world.
- Kodu Makerspace – Ages 8-11: Create rich and exciting games in this beginner-level camp. Kids learn coding fundamentals and how to build games in a fun, hands-on environment that fosters creativity, curiosity, and collaboration.
- Learn to Code Flatverse – Ages 12+: One step up from Kodu, build a Flatverse game using TouchDevelop in this intermediate-level camp. Kids learn coding fundamentals, then get hands-on instruction on how to read and write basic code themselves.
All camps occur over four consecutive days for two hours per day. Registration for these classes is open and they fill up fast! Get more details on each camp and register at your Microsoft Store: microsoftstore.com/summercamps.