Kinect Disneyland Adventures: Another Parent’s Choice Gold Award winner, this game will bring the magic of Disneyland into your living room letting your kids explore the park through the magic of Kinect.
At first we didn’t purchase this game when it originally came out because friends of ours said their child didn’t like it. Oh man, we were so wrong not to get it. I just received it from Xbox since I’m working with them this holiday season and my kids adore it. Miles loves it even more than Zoe does because he can play with his favorite characters. He shoots up the bad guys with Buzz and he gets to fly and fight Captain Hook with Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. Zoe is trying to figure out how to play with the Princesses and she did enjoy dancing with the characters in It’s a Small World. It’s interesting how each child plays the game differently and they both find different things to enjoy.
And here’s the happy boy playing with Buzz photo:
Video of Miles playing with Buzz in Kinect Disneyland Adventures:
What I love about it?
It’s easy enough for them to play without my help. The only issue we had was I had to help Zoe walk around the park initially but she was able to hunt down the princesses all on her own. And it’s very easy for Co-op play, jumping in and out for the kids is very easy, recognition is very easy and it harnesses the Disney magic like I would expect.
- Create Memories. Whether it’s your first time or hundredth time exploring Disneyland, relive your fondest memories or embark on a new adventures as you enjoy whimsical attractions and entertainment that has shaped the dreams of Disney fans, both young and old.
- Discover Disneyland Park. Whether you want to go on an adventure in your favorite attraction or explore the entire Park, Kinect: Disneyland Adventures allows you to play at your own pace and customize your own Disneyland experiences right from your living room, whenever you want.
- Explore the Attractions. Experience your favorite Disneyland attractions as immersive adventures – explore Neverland at Peter Pan’s side and take up your sword to fight Captain Hook, battle your way to the island in Pirates of the Caribbean or partner with a friend to escape the Yetis in the Matterhorn.
- Meet the Characters. Share magical moments with your favorite Disney characters – hug your favorite princess, high-five Mickey Mouse, collect autographs and accept quests.
- Collect and Unlock. Collect Disney-themed items, rewards and Xbox 360 Achievements as you make your way through the Park to discover new locations and game experiences, including themed parades and firework displays.
- Friendly Competition. Partner with a friend or family member to explore the Park, have them jump in to lend a hand on difficult challenges and help you earn the most rewards. Designed to adjust difficulty based on skill, Kinect: Disneyland Adventures ensures that everyone is having fun and playing cooperatively.
Harnessing the controller-free magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, Kinect: Disneyland Adventures will allow children and Disney fans of all ages to explore Disneyland park, enjoy immersive adventures based on popular attractions, engage in challenging quests, and interact with beloved Disney characters using their full bodies and voices, no controller required. Kinect: Disneyland Adventures is your ticket to the magical world of Disneyland through Kinect, right in your living room.
We received samples with our relationship with Xbox 360.