We spent an extended weekend at Semiahmoo Resort as a family and we had a blast. From the moment we arrived, we felt like VIP, now we were VIP, because we received one night free and two more nights at a media rate but everyone was treated as a VIP. I watched how the Semiahmoo staff interacted with everyone. At check in, Semiahmoo offers you free VIP parking service. At first we were going to say no, but then we thought, why not use it. They also have free electric vehicle charging, which was awesome!
Another thing that happens when you check in is the Semiahmoo staff goes over all the events you can try out. For example they have Wine Nights, Seafood Boils, and BBQ nights. Some of these events includes games and live music. They also have movie nights and nightly smores. The wonderful thing about Smores night is that they will start smores night at whatever time is convenient for your children. Yes they schedule it at 8 but let’s say you want your kids in bed by 8 then they will start them early.
We were only supposed to stay there for two nights, but we ended up adding on a third because of how amazing our stay was. Staying at Semiahmoo makes it very easy to be unplugged and enjoying yourself as a family. We have come up with a list of 10 things you can do at Semiahmoo, and this isn’t everything.
10 Things to Do At Semiahmoo Resort
1. Bike Riding, Kayaks and Body Boards – for guests at the resort you can get 1 hour of bike riding free per day of your stay. You can rent the bikes for longer. You can also rent kayaks and body boards. My son wouldn’t relax until we took him for a bike ride and it was so fun.
2. Trail Hiking – We decided one morning that we wanted to talk to the Semiahmoo Golf Course for breakfast. We were told it was just over, 2 miles and thought we can do that. So we went for a walk, it ended up being over 3 miles so we took the hotel shuttle back. We had a blast walking because the trails along the road were quite nice. We even came upon an Bald Eagle. He was in the trees right above us and his wings were so loud. I’ve never been that close to an Eagle. He startled us at first because he was so loud, but as he flew away, that was when we realized he was an American Bald Eagle.
3. Enjoy the Beach, Ocean, and Tide – My son and I got up every morning and walked the beach. We like to talk and enjoy a few moments of the day before my husband and daughter get up. He collected shells and found different kinds of sea life. One morning before we left the resort, the tide was down super low, so low it looked like we could walk to Canada. My family didn’t make it but they had fun trying.
4. Enjoy Excellent Food – Semiahmoo resort was full of different amazing food options. We had breakfast at the golf course, and all our other meals at the resort. They have two different sides to their restaurant and each one serves mostly the same food, they just have different feels.
5. Feel Like a VIP – The staff here are amazing. Anything you need if it is within their power to provide for you they do. They have such excellent service and I can’t stress this enough. We had a few issues, like a broken thermostat, and a fridge that wasn’t working. They quickly fixed both with no questions asked. I never felt like, oh no, here comes the blogger that wants everything perfect. Because really, I don’t. I like seeing how the staff responds to things and this was beautifully.
6. Play Golf – Semiahmoo resort includes a golf course a few miles away. We aren’t golfers so we didn’t try it, but we did walk along the golf course and it was glorious.
7. Enjoy the Family Room & Games – Past the fireplace and to the left there is a family room. The family room includes games and activities you can do as a family on a rainy day. There are also a few books to choose from. So grab a game and have some fun. During the day, the family room also offers a children’s program, a glorified day care if you will. We used the service one day and the kids spent three hours making different arts and crafts, indoor and outdoor. It gave my husband and I some time to have some alone time.
8. Outdoor Games – I can’t believe how many different outdoor activities are included with your stay at this hotel. They have a chess set, a volleyball net, and horse shoes. They have a sand box and plenty of shovels and buckets. They also have this wooden box of all kinds of balls, rackets and frisbees. We never ran out of things to do.
9. Movie Night – We were so busy doing other things we never participated in movie night. But on both, Friday and Saturday night they shoed a movie in their theater. You can reserve the theater and order room service and enjoy a movie from a list of about 300? I can’t quite remember the exact number but it a lot to choose from.
10. Enjoy the Spa, Pool and Gym – We loved getting a couples massage. It was unlike anyone I’ve had before because it was very deep. It was lots of pushing and rubbing instead of what I’m used to but it was still good. They also have a sauna, a steam room, and a gym. While we didn’t use the workout room, we used one of the indoor courts to play basketball and tennis. We also enjoyed the outdoor pool. It has a very tiny portion of the pool covered but not enough in my opinion to call it an indoor pool. They have a hot tub to enjoy too if you think the heated pool is too cold for the day. We found the pool to be the perfect temperature and we even swam in the rain.
oh and the spa dog.