I am living the American Dream. I get to stay at home with my kids and play with them and teach them and spend all day every day enjoying them. I have a roof over my head and clothes on my back. A husband that loves me and dotes on me all the time. A husband that is an excellent father and spoils his kids with legos. Who could want more?
What would make my life better?
In this Economy I would love to save as much money as completely possible so when I see that coupons are available I print them. Unilever now has printable coupons and other special offers. It’s nice to find all of their specials in one area. They have a list of products I can try and I love getting freebies. There is a coupon for 1.00 off Bertolli and a list of which products are sponsoring sweepstakes right now. I would love to win a sweepstakes and pay off some bills or take my family on a vacation.
All time spent with my family is precious. So finding ideas and simple things that I normally do by myself but let my kids help me with lets us all feel like a close family. My children love to be little helpers so letting them help with dinner makes them feel so important and it’s an idea that is shared by Unilever and Jennifer Bushman.
Other Ways Unilever is making life better:
To bring some variety to meal-planning this summer, Unilever teamed up with the author of the "Kitchen Coach" cookbook series, Jennifer Bushman, to create the ultimate Family Fun Book, filled with delicious recipes and affordable meal ideas perfect for the whole family to enjoy – together. The Family Fun Book can be downloaded for free by clicking here
Bushman recommends making meal time "family time" by bringing the kids into the kitchen to help prepare the meal. By keeping a well-stocked refrigerator, freezer, and pantry with versatile and easy-to-prepare ingredients, it’s simple to get the whole family involved in the cooking process. In addition to kid-friendly recipes, Bushman suggests, add in a little fun with creative themes and recipes like these:
- Have an at-home dinner picnic. Spread a blanket out in the living room and prepare simple sandwiches or wraps, like a delicious Chicken & Basil Sandwich. Opt for Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise, which has the great taste but half the calories and fat of Hellmann’s. Get the kids involved by letting them pick the sandwich fixins and spread the mayo!
- Save on cooking and clean-up time by choosing easy, delicious, one-pot dips and recipes. Use sweet potatoes or yams to prepare Spicy Oven Fries and pair with your favorite dipping sauce. To sneak in some nutrition and receive 20 percent of your daily value of Vitamin D, top with melted Shedd’s Spread Country Crock Calcium Plus Vitamin D. With just three steps, this recipe is perfect for setting loose your child’s inner chef.
- To make nights in even more enjoyable, pair meals with fun at-home entertainment. Spend less time in the kitchen by using Knorr Rice Sides to make an easy one-dish meal like Grilled Chicken & Veggies Over Rice, then create a show by letting your kids sing their favorite songs in your very own "kitchen cabaret."
- Host a camping-inspired sleepover for the kids and create a kitchen retreat with campfire meals. Use whole grain tortillas as a healthy and easy dipper for your favorite one-pot recipes like Super Easy Slow-Cooked Chili with Ragu Pasta Sauce, which packs a full serving of vegetables in every half-cup of sauce. Not to mention that a slow cooked meal leaves more time for "camping" activities!
- Use versatile ingredients from your well-stocked pantry. Wish-Bone Dressings can do double-duty as delicious salad dressings and simple, great tasting marinades for chicken, pork, beef and fish. Pair with soy sauce for a delicious Asian Grilled Steak. You may want to keep your children away from the grill, but they can help by preparing the steak ahead of time.
- Summer and iced tea go hand-in-hand to stay hydrated. Did you know those tea bags can also spice up your cooking? Use Lipton Teabags to create Tasty Tea Baked Apples – a delicious desert with an extra helping of antioxidants for just $1 per serving.
Find topics about beauty, health and fitness, and home and family. There are lots of ideas and you can even find a family summer scheduler because keeping the kids occupied can be a full time job.