This is a partnered post as part of my Truvia Ambassadorship.
We created a really great recipe using the Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend and the Truvia® Baking Blend, it’s a Salted Caramel Brownies Recipe. We also wanted to share the TruviaBakingStar.com website with you because there you can find more amazing recipes to use this Holiday Season.
Salted-Caramel Chocolate Fudge Brownies
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
1 cup Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup flour
½ cup ground flaxseed
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons heavy cream, divided
1 cup caramel bits
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. Combine the melted butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla in your Kitchen Aid stand mixer bowl using your whisk attachment.
3. Drop in an egg and then flour allowing to thoroughly mix into the batter. Drop in second egg and wheat germ and mix into batter. Drop in third egg and flaxseed and mix. Drop in last egg and cocoa thoroughly mix into the batter.
4. Pour chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon cream into microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, and stir until combined and liquefied. Add chocolate to batter and whip together.
5. Bake in preheated oven of 30 minutes.
6. Combine caramel bits and last Tablespoon of cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, and stir until combined and liquefied. Pour caramel on top of brownies can cut through top batter and caramel with a knife to swirl them together. Continue to cook for 15 more minutes.
7. Immediately add coarse salt. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut! Remove from dish to cooling rack. Continue to sit until completely cooled or serve warm. Do not stack or store until completely cooled.
We also wanted to share the winner of the Baking star competition, the Truvia Baking Star winner, Kristi Webb.