I love being a Truvia Ambassador and am compensated for my time, but mostly I like them because using Truvia Natural Sweetener lowers the calories in all things I enjoy during the holidays. Here is a drink recipe I found on the Truvia Recipe site.
- 11⁄2 oz. rye whiskey
- 1⁄2 oz. lime
- 1 oz. apple juice
- 1⁄2 oz. Truvía® Simple Syrup*
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 2 basil leaves
- *or 2 packets Truvía® natural sweetener or 11⁄2 tsp Truvía® natural sweetener spoonable
- In a cocktail shaker add all the ingredients together and fill halfway with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Double-strain into glass filled with ice and garnish.
Garnish: Basil and lime twist
*This cocktail has 120 calories and 4 grams of sugar per serving compared to 155 calories and 13 grams of sugar per serving in the full-sugar version.
To participate in the Healthier Holidays Sweepstakes, head to the Truvia® Sweepstakes Page at www.facebook.com/truvia, and “like” the Truvia Facebook page to enter for a chance to win Truvia® prizes. You’ll also have the option to “Pin” any of your favorite Truvia® holiday baking recipes with #healthierholidays!
You can pin your favorite Truvia® Baking Blend recipe, while also entering your info to receive a $1.50 off coupon and be instantly entered to win a Truvia® #HealthierHolidays Baking Kit.
Check out more recipes from apple crisp, pumpkin pie, gingerbread men, to red velvet cupcakes, and more!