Oh sweet sweet potatoes, I just found another recipe that I had to share from the Truvia Baking Blend Recipe collection (I’m an ambassador). This one is perfect for Thanksgiving. These sweet potatoes are a new twist on a holiday favorite. Made with Truvía® Baking Blend, this recipe has 30% fewer calories and 60% less sugar* than the full-sugar version.
Truvia Baking Blend Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- 1⁄2 cup Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1⁄2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 tsp molasses
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1" cubes, place in a baking dish.
- Brown butter in a saucepan. Use low to medium heat while stirring to avoid burning.
- Turn off heat; add Truvía® Baking Blend, pumpkin pie spice and molasses to browned butter. Stir until combined.
- Add evenly on top of potatoes.
- Bake covered for 1 hour, stir.
- Bake uncovered for another 10-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
*These potatoes have 160 calories and 11 grams of sugar per serving as compared to a full-sugar version that has 240 calories and 30 grams of sugar per serving.
Healthy Holidays Sweepstakes
To participate in the Healthier Holidays Sweepstakes, head to the Truvia® Sweepstakes Page at www.facebook.com/truvia, and “like” the Truvia Facebook page to enter for a chance to win Truvia® prizes. You’ll also have the option to “Pin” any of your favorite Truvia® holiday baking recipes with #healthierholidays!
You can pin your favorite Truvia® Baking Blend recipe, while also entering your info to receive a $1.50 off coupon and be instantly entered to win a Truvia® #HealthierHolidays Baking Kit.
Check out more recipes from apple crisp, pumpkin pie, gingerbread men, to red velvet cupcakes, and more!