I love shopping at Walmart and the closest Walmart to us is rather small. We don’t even have a grocery department, well we have one cold aisle and some food supplies, I just wished it was bigger and provided more variety. Which brings me to a story. A few weeks ago, Miles and I were driving north to the Outlet Mall in Mukilteo and low and behold we found a Super Walmart on the way. I was so excited about finding a Super Walmart because I know from experience how much you can save using Walmart.
I feel like I grew up in a Walmart because we shopped at Walmart for everything, food, clothing, decorations. I mean to me Walmart is the one stop location for shopping. Walmart also almost always has the lowest prices and if they don’t have the lowest price they price match any competitors ad.
Walmart set me out to Trim the Table, Trim the Budget This Thanksgiving and I wanted to maximize my savings. So, I actually sat down and planned out my Thanksgiving visit to Walmart. I took all of my ads and clipped all of my coupons. I even had Zoe help me clip coupons. I did however, forget to take any ads with me. OOops.
Tips to save money:
Plan Plan ahead!
Cut Coupons at every source
Get a coupon holder, organize it and keep it in your car
Use children’s artwork as decorations
Use children’s artwork as holiday cards
Cook meals instead of eating out – you can save a fortune by cooking home cooked meals instead of going out and then you know the food is healthy too!
As I stated above, it was really nice to find everything I needed in one place. I found a turkey, dressing, salad, corn bread, peanut butter, jelly, and lots of other stuff and came in under my budget.
Remember Walmart for all of your Black Friday Savings too! By planning your adventures, you’ll save time and money and saving time is saving money, so if you think about it your saving a lot of money. Check out these online savings at Walmart on Thanksgiving day and instore deals at Walmart on Black Friday.
Day 1: Thanksgiving Day – Online-Only Specials
Customers can shop nearly 150 online-only specials at Walmart.com. Examples include:
· RCA 37′ LCD HDTV – $399
· Acer Purple Netbook Bundle (includes case and flash drive) – $248
· Kodak M530 Camera Bundle (includes case and 4GB memory card) – $79
Day 2: Friday After Thanksgiving – In-Store All Night "Open House" and 5am Electronics Event
In-Store "Open House" kicks-off at midnight with delectable treats, demos and fun while customers shop for toys, apparel and more. Walmart invites customers to come in and stay for the season’s hottest consumer electronics savings which begin at 5am. Examples include:
· Over 90 DVD titles including Lord of the Rings and Ice Age – $1.96
· Over 60 Blu-ray titles including The Dark Knight and Superbad – $5
· Mainstays 30-Piece Kitchenware Set - $24.87
· Wrangler Jeans for Men – $9
· Nintendo Wii console (available in red, black and white) with a $50 Walmart Gift Card – $199
· Over 140 games for Wii, Xbox360, PS2 and DS – starting at $7 and games for PS3 starting at $10
5am Electronics Savings
· 15.6" HP Laptop – $298
· Emerson 32" LCD HDTV – $198
· Sansui 19" LCD HDTV – $98
· Nintendo DS Lite (in multiple colors) – $89
· Tom Tom GPS XL 335 SE 4.3" GPS – $79
· Magnavox Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player with $10 free VUDU movie credits – $69
On Friday, Nov. 26, Walmart will sell:
· Enough HDTVs to cover 105 football fields.
· Enough computers to stack 239 times taller than the world’s tallest building (Burj Khalifa in Dubhai, UAE, at 2,717 ft.)
· Enough cameras to stack taller than 320 Empire State Buildings
Day 3: Saturday – In-Store for More
Electronics savings continue for customers still looking for the remaining items on their Christmas lists. Examples include:
· Sony 46" Bravia LCD HDTV – $698
· Sony Blu-ray Player – $94
· Sony Wi-Fi Blu-ray Player – $158
Walmart Provided me with a gift card to share my savings tips and Trim the Table, Trim the Budget Experience. I have loved Walmart for years and my opinions are my own.