It snowed it melted it snowed it rained and then about ten this morning it started snowing and didn’t stop. I looked out the window asked my husband if he’s still planning on taking me to the airport and if so maybe we should leave right now instead of in two more hours.
He looked out the window and said yeah, we should probably leave now. So we did. I mean we got everything we needed to get out of the house. I packed the van with everything we would need if we were to have an emergency. We packed blankets, we packed water, food, coats, gloves, hats.
When we got in the van he told me he was nervous and asked if we should put the chains on. Together we decided no, and we made it down the hill, onto the next street. We successfully stopped at the stop sign and then looked up the little hill that the kids go to school on and saw cars stuck up ahead of us. Sigh, perhaps if the cars weren’t stuck and we didn’t have to stop we would have made it up the hill the first time, but we didn’t make it. We backed up tried again and our ties spun and spun and spun and we did finally make it as cars went around us I was shocked. Seems like it’s a bit dangerous to go around someone that could spin out and hit you at any moment. The next chance we had to pull over we chained up.
After we had chains it was EASY. We made it to our destination usually less than an hour away took us almost 2 hours. We were able to pull off and take the chains off when we were almost there. Now I’m waiting to hear back from my family to find out that they made it back home. I’m at the airport thinking I made a bad decision to leave my family this week. It would be so much more fun playing in the snow making a snowman and drinking hot chocolate. I’m wondering how long is long enough to wait to call them. One hour must not be enough since it took us two to get here. So I’ll call them at five. He wanted to stop at Target too, I’m just so worried and very impatient.
And sad that I’m going to miss 2 feet of possible snow. I do love playing in the snow.