Bambi is being re-released on blu-ray., it’s the 75thanniversary Walt Disney Signature collection Bambi will be available on Digital HD May 23rd and Blu-ray June 6th! In honor of the re-release we made a cake for Thumper since his favorite part is the clover anyway. See the video…..
Fun Facts about Bambi:
*Bambi was originally supposed to come out after Snow White but came out 5 yrs later.
*The filming studio moved, WW2 happened, and there was even a strike during the process of filming!
*The movie was cut down to what Disney could afford at the time.
Purple Clover Cake
· 1 White Cake Mix
· 2 Containers White Frosting
· 2 Cups Fresh Purple Clovers
1. Prepare and bake your cake according to the directions on the box. Prepare the cake in a round pan.
2. As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, dump it onto a plate and make sure the top of the cake is facing up when you leave it to cool.
3. Once the cake is cool, run a knife along the top to make the top flat rather than slightly dome shaped.
4. Now, cut the cake perfectly in half, set the top aside.
5. Take your purple clovers and make sure the steps and leaves are cut off. Use the purple clover tops only.
6. Place them in a strainer and rinse them well then let them sit to dry for a bit or pat them dry. Once slightly dry, place them in a food processor and grind them down to where there’s no large chunks.
7. Sprinkle the ground clover into both tubs of frosting. Frost the first layer of the cake and try to use at least ¾ of the first tub of frosting.
10. For more garnish, take 4 complete clover tops and place them in a bundle in the middle of the cake.