Kids are naturally curious and creative. One of the best things you can do for your kid is give them a wide range of toys to practice their curiosity, creativity, ingenuity, and logic on. And Building Toys are perfect to begin the logic process with, so we came up with the Ten building toys.
Top Ten Building Toys
1. Mega Bloks 80-Piece Big Building Bag, Classic
The first step to creative building is a good block. The first block for your child, ideally, should be one that is easy to put together. Mega Bloks are large, lightweight, free of small parts, and clip together to make building fun. The colors are bright, and the bag makes them convenient to carry.
2. LEGO DUPLO All-in-One-Box-of-Fun 10572 Creative Play and Educational Toy
For a portable block game, this is a great idea. This all in one box includes a character figure and a mix of different large, easy to use Lego pieces. It even includes instructions for building a house. Combining the raw creativity of free play with the patience needed to follow instructions means your child will get the best of both worlds.
3. PicassoTiles 60 Piece Set 60pcs Magnet Building Tiles Clear Magnetic 3D Building Blocks Construction Playboards – Creativity beyond Imagination, Inspirational, Recreational, Educational, Conventional
A fun and creative alternative to conventional blocks, these tiles are flat and magnetic, and come in a nice range of bright shapes. As they stick together any way, your kid’s ability to create will not be restricted. This is a great way of encouraging free thinking and imagination, as well as of developing core motor skills.
4. Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set – 100 Blocks in 4 Colors and 9 Shapes
When your child is ready to further challenge their coordination, the traditional wooden blocks are a wonderful choice. These blocks do not stick together, so your child will have to learn about gravity and balance. This will challenge their mind and motor skills. You get 100 mixed blocks, for maximum play potential.
5. Learning Resources Gears! Gears! Gears! Deluxe Building Set, 100 Pieces
Gears toys will really challenge your child’s understanding of cause and effect. Assemble gears in the right order and watch them turn! Get it wrong and they’ll get stuck. Your child will develop their critical thinking and understanding of physics.
6. ETI Toys | STEM Learning | Original 93 Piece Educational Construction Engineering Building Blocks Set for 3, 4 and 5+ Year Old Boys & Girls | Creative Fun Kit | Best Toy Gift for Kids Ages 3yr – 6yr
This is a great way of challenging your child’s logic and creativity. The combination of pegs, squares, rectangles, and bars, encourages your child to make machines and moving objects. This kit will grow with them, staying fun for many years.
7. LEGO 31045 Creator Ocean Explorer Science Toy for Kids
Your child doesn’t need to leave blocks behind just cause they’re getting older. Lego kits mean your child can learn a new way of using blocks: following instructions to make something specific. This encourages ingenuity, but also patience and focus.
8. LEGO Friends Heartlake Puppy Daycare 41124 Popular Children’s Toy
If your child is a creative soul but less mechanically inclined, this may be a better choice for them. This kit includes several accessories and characters so your child can imagine different scenarios playing out.
9. LEGO Juniors Batman & Superman vs. Lex Luthor 10724 Superhero Toy
A great way of encouraging your child to build, create, and imagine, is using their favorite heroes. This kit involves superhero figurines so they can play out epic battles, but also spare pieces so they can build creative places and items for the story.
10. Leonardo da Vinci Catapult Kit
If your kid is burning through all their toys and finds none of them challenging any more, it might be time for something serious. This kit is a great one for beginner model makers, with easy to follow instructions and no cutting required. Your kid can carefully assemble a working miniature catapult.