The new Windows PC from Asus, the Asus ET2700 All In One PC fits nicely on the end of our kitchen table, on the counter top in the kitchen and in our little built in area for the computer in our loft. I can put this machine in any room in the house and all it needs is the counter space. The place in the loft is really made for an all-in-one because there is no hole for cables, now with an all in one there is only one cable, the power cord. I love no clutter, I LOVE the Asus AIO.
Computer Shopper said “The Asus ET2700 is more than an all-in-one PC; it’s an entertainment center that delivers a huge display, booming audio, Blu-ray, and an HDMI-in port” I have to say that I was surprised when I was pulling it out of the box and there was this triangular device that sits on the table attaching to the computer and to find out that it was a subwoofer was exciting. I’ve never had a computer with a subwoofer. The subwoofer is a 10-watt external subwoofer that brings a complete theater-like audio experience. So you can watch Blu-Ray movies with the built in Blu-Ray player and listen to the thunderous sound of your media powered by SonicMaster premium sound and DTS Surround Sound UltraPC Technology along with the sub.
Of course I can just list out the Key Features:
• 27” Full HD WLED-backlit frameless MVA panel with 178° wide viewing angle and 1920 x 1080 resolution for a seamless design and a vivid HD visual experience.
• 2nd gen Intel Core i7 processor featuring with integrated memory controller and discrete graphic support.
• Discrete NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M delivers movies and games in Full HD.
• HDMI-in and VGA-in extends your display from compatible tablets, netbooks, or devices to the All-in-One PC display.
• USB 3.0
• External subwoofer
• ASUS SonicMaster Technology and ASUS DTS Surround Sound UltraPC employs the best codecs and delivers the most pure audio reproduction.
• ASUS Energy Intelligent technology delivers unprecedented levels of speed and performance, with up to 15% of performance boost.
• Wall Mount capability allows users to mount ASUS AIO on the wall as a kiosk or digital signage.
But wouldn’t you rather know what I loved like the programs it came with and how easy it was to use the built in video camera. The ASUS All-in-One PC ET2700INKS combines powerful internal engineering with a clean, streamlined, modern design and the vibrant brilliance of a true 27” HD WLED-backlit frameless display. So yeah, I loved the screen.
I used the video capabilities in this review: A Fantastic Kohl’s Clothing Haul: Kohl’s Hauls of Fame and I used it to create a few videos for the kids. One of them I was an alien and in another video I was a talking dog. The kids just loved it and I had fun playing with it too. The computer was fast and reliable and I trusted the kids while they used it. You may be thinking all-in-one that’s great an all but with if I want to change out memory and upgrade it. You can upgrade it, it’s not as easy as a desktop with a case, but laptops aren’t that easy to upgrade either.
This All-in-One PC is bundled with a remote control, wireless keyboard, and a wireless mouse. The center for your entertainment, the ASUS All-in-One PC ET2700INKS is your ultimate home PC. It’s perfect for me because it’s so fast and handles all my programs running at one time well and it’s great for the kids because they can play with Microsoft Paint among many other programs.
The ASUS All-in-One PC ET2700INKS features NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA Hard Drive, high-speed wireless N-802.11 b/g/n, 2.0 Megapixel webcam, and Windows 7 Home Premium.
•Simple power management
•Monitor energy consumption and calculate costs
•Track energy usage for selected time period
The ASUS all in one really makes me want to go out and buy a new computer for the family to use.
I was able to review the Asus all-in-one as part of the Microsoft Windows Champion program.