Residence Inn by Marriott – MADE for Family Travel
What are the biggest challenges you face when traveling with your family? Getting your kids to sleep? Keeping sippy cups stocked with milk? Planning meals that don’t cost too much AND aren’t fast food? Those are the things going through my mind when I travel with my family. The good news? After my recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott, I’m pretty sure I’ve got the answer to most of those questions. With so many of us planning summer trips and travel, you can find a GREAT place for your family to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott.
· MORE SPACE! The rooms are bigger than traditional hotel rooms, and most importantly for me, you can get 1 or 2 bedroom suites that have doors separating sleeping from living areas. That means no crazy blackout times once Atticus is in bed where I’m trying to use my laptop under the blankets! Not to mention, there’s enough room for kids to actually spread out and make themselves at home.
· FULL KITCHENS! You don’t have to move things out of the mini bar fridge and hope that a few cartons of milk will fit. There is a real fridge to keep snacks, drinks and whatever you need fresh! Oh… and that whole eating fast food dilemma? With a full size fridge, microwave, cook top AND the cookware and utensils to match, you can cook your own meals for your family. (An especially great option for families with food sensitivities and allergies.)
· FREE BREAKFAST! Every Residence Inn Marriott provides a full, hot breakfast every morning. This is a far cry from the stale “continental breakfasts” that you hear about. I’m not talking powdered foamy eggs either (at least in the Residence Inns that I’ve stayed at). They provide a REAL breakfast that is perfect for families with plenty of options for kids and parents alike.
· ROOM TO PLAY! If your family has been traveling and has a ton of pent up energy, you can take a swim in the pool, walk around the tons of common areas throughout Residence Inn, or even pick up a game of basketball if your location has one of the incredible multipurpose courts. Need a break just for you? There’s a workout facility with elliptical, treadmills, or weights.
· LAUNDRY FACILITIES! Wash the clothes that your little ones inevitable spill ice cream on, rub strawberries into, or grind dirt on. This helps you pack light like you really want to, but still have plenty of fresh, clean clothes for the family.
The list of perks from Residence Inn by Marriott really does go on. Whether it’s the available grocery delivery, the 24/7 small marketplace in the hotel, or even the board games the front desk has for borrowing (at least at the location I was at), Residence Inn by Marriott really is MADE for family travel.
There is SO MUCH work to do when planning a family vacation. Let deciding where to stay be the easy part. With more than 600 all-suite properties in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Costa Rica, Residence Inn by Marriott is ready for you… AND YOUR FAMILY!
Residence Inn by Marriott had me stay there for one night to facilitate this review.
Meet Ashley (Managing Editor at MomStart): Ashley is a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and former teacher working to navigate through the mysterious world of Mommyia. Read more about her adventures at Momicles and follow her @Momicles2010 .