This is a sponsored post.
Last month we wrote about the importance of knowing about Kidney Disease and that March is National Kidney Disease Prevention month. We shared a video or two about it. Today we want to remind you of the importance of Kidney Disease Prevention and tell you about the importance of donating life, the importance of being a donor. April is donate life month.
I’m actually an organ donor, because I see the importance in being a donor. On my drivers license it says that I’m an organ donor and I think it’s a great thing for me to do. It’s something I can give to someone else when I pass on. I could in fact be the reason that someone else lives after I die.
The Mendez National Institute of Transplantation Foundation (MNITF) is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 1994 that has created the “Get the Facts! Get Checked! Get Healthy!” PSA which delivers a strong call-to-action about kidney disease prevention, the need for organ donation, and learning more about research, education and innovation at FixingPaco.org.
The website also shares testimonial videos from actual kidney disease and dialysis patients and living donors with compelling stories
- :30 PSA https://youtu.be/knmujv2dOyQ
- :60 PSA https://youtu.be/YaPdONzcFuk
- DeWayne Cox, dialysis patient: https://youtu.be/GpGI3S2BvJw
- Husband and wife Keenan and Jeanne Cheung: https://youtu.be/zw5_f_0R7u4
- Claudia Sanchez, kidney and pancreas recipient: https://youtu.be/ja0sRoHA7hQ
- Reginal Griffin, a living donor: https://youtu.be/QhbdJhIoUpQ
- Norma Araos, kidney recipient: https://youtu.be/7djfp-Gzhbg