The Following information was shared with me about Energizer’s Qi technology. I haven’t seen one up close and I don’t feel comfortable putting it in my own words but I will say that it looks a lot like the charger that I reviewed earlier this year. You put the sleeve on your device and then drop your device on the charger. Then it charges your device anytime you lay it down. It saves you time and helps control the cord clutter. We used to have a big problem with cord clutter in our house and finding the cell phone charger always seemed to be an issue. Probably because I was always moving it and forgetting where I put it, but that’s just me and my scatterbrained self. So check out Energizer’s Qi charger.
Widely anticipated and considered to be one of the most compelling new developments in charging technology, Qi (pronounced chee) will bring consumers the freedom to charge their smartphones, MP3 players, cameras – any device 5Watts or less– on a single charging station, regardless of manufacturer.
“We believe that a universal standard is the future of charging, and by leading the way with one of the first Qi products – the Energizer® Inductive Charger – we are meeting a clear need for a product that makes charging devices easier by eliminating cords and clutter," said Jim Olsen, Vice President of Marketing for EnergizerNorth America. “This next generation charger is a natural extension of an innovative product portfolio that brings more freedom for people to live and to work using power that’s reliable and convenient.”
According to market research firm iSuppli, Corp., shipments of electronic products with wireless charging capability are anticipated to increase from 3.6 million units in 2010, to 234.9 million units in 2014. An open, standardized system will create a healthier competitive environment and prompt manufacturers to join forces.* The WPC had this very goal of global compatibility in mind when they formed an international group of more than 55 companies to develop this universal standard.
Designed in cooperation with Wireless Power Consortium co-founder ConvenientPower, the first generation of the Energizer® Inductive Charger:
• Delivers easy, convenient, cord-free charging for the iPhone® 3GS/3G and BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 via sleeve and door accessories
• Offers two large inductive charging areas with one additional USB charging port
• Is compatible with Qi-enabled devices today and in the future; Qi is an open source standard for products defined for 5 watts of power or less (e.g., phones, mp3 player, cameras)
• Provides freedom of placement within the two large inductive charging areas
• Does not contain magnets for alignment, so charging doesn’t require precise placement
• Features a sleek, rounded rectangle design with two LED charge indicators
• Available October 2010
• MSRP: $89.00
Enter to Win:
25.00 Gift Card TO Target or Amazon
Tell me what you will be charging with the Qi Charger
RT this post and include the link to the post (make sure that the link shows up or it won’t count)
This giveaway ends November 15th! All rules can be found under giveaway rules.