What a fantastic tablet!!! As a Windows Ambassador I was sent The Asus Vivo Tab RT and I’ve fallen in love with it. So much so that when I lost it at the airport I cried for an hour. I was embarrassed and ashamed and knew I was going to miss it. You’ll never believe that it was found by security and returned to lost and found. AND because the Windows 8 software is connected to my Windows Live ID my e-mail address was on the touch screen. They had a way to contact me and tell me they found an item. I had to tell them the brand and what it was and return to the airport to claim it, but Thanks to WINDOWS and their smart idea to put the e-mail address at the top of the tablet. I have my tablet back. Plus the lady at the lost and found at the airport said she loved playing with it. She said it’s better than a droid or an iPad. HA! I have to agree with her!!! It’s awesome!
Why do I love it?
I love it because it super light,l of course that’s one of the features:
- 10.1" HD (1366×768) Super IPS+, OGS Touch Panel, Outdoor Readable Mode
- Powered by NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-core processor for best web experience with up to two times faster browsing, and console-quality gaming
- Ultra-slim and light (0.33" thin and 1.16lbs light) with metallic finish design
- 2MP front camera and 8MP auto-focus rear camera with flash, back-illuminated CMOS sensor, and large aperture design to clearly capture every moment
- Optional Docking station with Full QWERTY keyboard adds additional 7 hours of battery life, to instantly turn the VivoTab RT into PC mode with up to 16 hours of battery life.2
I also love it because it’s super fast, password protected and I can even do a picture password. I selected a family picture and setting up three touch screen gestures it became a password that’s really hard to figure out.
I love it because it has really awesome apps and games. My husband and I are addicted to WORDAMENT. We have WORDAMENT wars sitting on the couch next to each other trying to see who can get the highest score. He goes after big words while I go after as many small words as I can find. I love seeing how fast my fingers can move as I’m trying to discover words. It’s a really great word game that wakes up my brain until I realize how long I’ve been playing and that I actually have work I need to get done.
It’s awesome for travel. We loaded it up with TV that we recorded so the kids would have shows to watch on the airplane and there are plenty of travel apps that you can download to use each one different and very helpful.
- – Living Social – gives you fun things to do and photos of a lot of different places to go and see. The pictures are amazing.
- – Kayak –
- – INRIX – This is an amazing travel app. Not only do you get a map but you get traffic in the area, so while you’re on the road you can take the route least traveled.
- – Kindle – We all love reading books.
- – Iheartradio – music on the go
- – Babbel – this program is available in many different versions, each version helps you learn a different language. I recently downloaded the Spanish Version
- – Skype – To chat with others over video or sound while you’re out of town. You never have to be out of touch with someone again as long as you have decent WiFi.
I also love the food and drink apps.
- Cocktail Flow – figure out how to make and mix drinks. You can enter what you have in your home bar and it gives you a list of drinks, or you can just look at drink ideas
- All Recipes
- Urban Spoon
And I use a lot of different social/work apps
Not only are there apps but you still have Windows running so you can still go into the desktop, but I hardly ever do. I LOVE IT. Oh and it has a front and back camera. The ASUS VivoTab RT is designed with both work and play in mind. Get more done, enjoy new experiences and connect with others in exciting new ways.
You can own one too!
Enter to Win:
ASUS VivoTab RT
Tell me what you look forward to in Windows 8
I’m a Windows Ambassador and receive products to review and some to keep.