With the internet there are so many different budding websites out there with information. All this information is right at your fingertips. You can even find tutors now or how The DreamBox Learning system.
They asked me months ago to review their site and I have not had any spare time. I promised them that I would take a moment to write about them. So I wanted to show you a video. Click on the link if you would like to view it.
From Their Site
Real, in-depth math learning
- With over 350 lessons, our curriculum develops computational fluency, conceptual understanding, and problem-solving ability.
- Content is aligned with the Focal Points for each grade set by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM). (Read more about our curriculum.)
- Effectiveness studies demonstrate that students are really learning, including gaining proficiency in new areas and improving test scores!
- Unlike every other math learning product, DreamBox looks much deeper than right or wrong answers. As good teachers know, there are many degrees of correct and incorrect. How quickly did a student answer? Did he need extra hints to get the answer? Did she demonstrate growing proficiency in the process? No other product can assess and adapt at this fine grained level. Based on this data, our GuideRight™ technology makes real-time dynamic adjustments in the difficulty or scope of a problem or lesson, the number and type of hints given, lesson pacing and sequence, and much more.
- Placement lessons throughout the adventures assess students’ knowledge, so they can skip what they know and focus on what they’re ready to learn.
- There are well over a million different paths a child could take through our curriculum, based on their interests and needs.
- Students personalize their experience by choosing a game character and a theme — pirates, dinosaurs, pets, or pixies — turning their lessons into fun adventures.
- Like a good teacher, DreamBox encourages and cheers students on. As they progress, kids earn rewards for both effort and academic achievement.
- Some rewards can be used in the Carnival, where kids can play a variety of games, puzzles and activities just for fun!