I like to add a little something extra when I deliver a new mom meal for a member of my MOMS Club. I find it nice to offer a low to semi-sweet dessert, breakfast or snack option. Mini muffins are great because a mom can snack on them when they’re busy but need a pick-me-up, or their older child(ren) can have one in hand … dads like them too of course. Make these for yourself, for a brunch date, or to give a friend. Enjoy!
Strawberry-Rhubarb-Oatmeal Mini Muffins
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup salted butter, melted or softened
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11 oz strawberries (it’s what I had on hand)
- 5 oz rhubarb (also what I had on hand)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Lightly grease mini muffin pan
- Place strawberries and rhubarb in blender or food processer to chop finely.
- In mixed bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Portion muffins into prepared cups. These do not rise much!
- Cook in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean.
Makes about 4 dozen mini muffins
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm.