I love making mini of anything! People seem to eat more. I think it’s psychological like they didn’t eat that much by just having one. “I just had one small muffin (or cookie). I can have another … and another … and another.” That means I have a lot less leftover, if anything at all. Then I don’t have to eat it; as you know I’m doing the 60 Day SlimDown and I need the extra pounds gone.
I personally LOVE this recipe because it’s not that bad for you; check out the ingredients:
medium mixing bowl
mini muffin tin – I recommend getting a commercial size tin (measure your oven first); this is on my “get” list.
1 ½ cup wheat flour
¼ cup wheat germ
¼ cup ground flaxseed
½ cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup butter, room temperature or melted
¾ cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup all natural Organic Tree Top apple sauce
2-3 mashed ripe Organic Chiquita bananas
optional – ½ bag mini chocolate chips
optional – ¼ cup coconut, sweetened or unsweetened as desired
1. Preheat oven to 350oF (175oC). Lightly grease muffin tin.
2. In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients stirring until moisten. Fill greased tin cups ¾ full.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Pull out of tin and allow to cool.
* If you’re using a mini muffin tin multiple times to complete the batch, clean and re-grease the muffin tin each time.
* I recommend using a baby bottle cleaner to get completely clean cups on your muffin tins.
Summer is the President of our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living.