You’ve read the name and it’s quite a mouthful, as the muffins will be. But these are so easy to make and aren’t too sweet so they make a nice dessert, snack or breakfast.
I like a lot to crumb topping, so if you don’t I’d recommend cutting it in half. This batch pictured has half the crumb topping as they were for another family as part of their “new mom meal” from me. When I make meals for new mom I like to add a set of muffins or the like so the family can have a healthy snack or breakfast alternative. I kept a lot of my baby weight from my first son due to poor food selection on my behalf.
Well, no matter who or what you make these Cinnamon Apple Raisin Muffins for, I hope you get to enjoy at least one with a glass of milk!
Cinnamon Apple Raisin Muffins Recipe
1 cup flour
¼ cup wheat germ
¼ cup ground flaxseed
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground all spice
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
¼ cup apple sauce
2 small apples, peels and chopped
½ cup raisins
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons quick cook oats
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375oF. Grease or line muffin tins as desired.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, flaxseed, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice and salt. Add to it egg, milk, and apple sauce. Stir together until all ingredients are wet. Fold in apples and raisins. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine all “crumb topping” ingredients. Stir until small clumps form.
4. Fill muffin tin cups (batter makes 12 regular size muffins) with batter. Sprinkle with crumb topping. Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Best severed warm.
Summer is the President of our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living.