Summer created an excellent recipe this week and I can’t wait to give it a try with my family. I’m in the baking mood and if you’re not this is sure to put you in it. Here is a step by step how to make a Banana Split Pizza through pictures and the recipe, just feel free to add whipped cream and ice cream:
You have to first make the pizza crust (Paula Deen’s Pizza Crust)
Poke holes in it with a fork
Then you have to bake it
After you bake it let it cool and add your banana split toppings
Banana Splizza Recipe
1 Paula Deen’s Pizza Crust (which is ½ of the recipe)
4 Tablespoons Almond Butter
4-5 organic bananas
3 Tablespoons honey
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Follow the directions to make the pizza crust. Use a fork to poke holes in base to prevent bubbling. Bake.
2. Coat base with almond butter.
3. In a double broiler heat honey and vanilla to combine. Do NOT cook the honey simply warm it to a smooth runny liquid.
4. Cut bananas into ¼ inch slices. Coat banana slices in honey and place on top of almond butter.
5. Evenly sprinkle banana-top with cinnamon and then chips.
– To measure honey, heat the cup with very warm water. The honey will out of the cup easier.
– Open bananas from the bottom and not the stem. This is the way primates open their bananas; so I go this tip from the zoo! Simple squish the tip on the bottom to make a crack and pull a piece to peel first. Continue to peel.
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm.