These are a little cake with a little bite … These are a “come and get them” dessert and why won’t they be? They have Bailey’s Irish Cream liquor frosting!
Bailey’s Cakes with Bite Recipe
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt (unless you used salted butter)
½ cup ground flaxseed
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup quick oats
1 cup flour
3 cup powdered sugar, divided
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup Bailey’s liquor
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Heavily butter mini muffin pans.
2. Take 1 cup butter and cream with brown sugar. While mixing, drop in apple sauce, vanilla, and salt. Continue to mix, add flaxseed, egg, wheat germ, egg, oats, egg, flour, egg, 1 cup powdered sugar and cocoa.
3. Fill cups and cook in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Whip together 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, and Bailey’s liquor. Chill frosting.
5. Cool cupcakes completely. Frost cakes.
My husband said these were one of the highest complemented desserts that he’s brought in. I hope you enjoy them as well!
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm.