This is the first dessert I’ve ever made that my husband’s co-workers thought was store bought but I actually made it. I really think having this effect isn’t difficult; it’s just that biscotti look a certain way. Just like then cookies are a perfect circle. So make some and look professional too!
Almond Biscotti Recipe
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted or softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
11/3 cup flour
¼ cup wheat germ
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Stick a rubber spatula into the freezer. Grease a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
2. Blend all ingredients in your Kitchen Aid stand mixer in order of above appearance.
3. Dump out dough into a loaf form on pre-greased bake ware. Form as desired with the chilled rubber spatula.
4. Cook in preheated oven for 22 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove loaf from oven and reduce oven temperature to 275oF. Cool loaf for 10 minutes. Once cooled cut loaf into ½ slices with a bread knife. Line bake ware with parchment paper and place slices cut side up onto the paper.
6. After oven’s temperature has reduced, cook slices for an additional 10 minutes on each side.
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm.