I LOVE Veggies, my family loves fruit but I love veggies, all kinds of veggies and I often use them in dinner. I’ve made pumpkin soup, butternut squash soup, candied carrots, creamed corn , and even corn chowder. That’s just the beginning too. My Pumpkin and Squash soup were very similar. I used fresh pumpkin and found that it’s actually very easy to cook pumpkin. You can even wait to pull all the meat out of it until after you roast it in the oven. By waiting it just falls off the skin and it’s so good. Squash is the same! Here is my pumpkin soup recipe.
Today I’m featuring a recipe from Country Crock as I love using Country Crock on my veggies. Here’s Their Baked Squash recipe.
Country Crock Baked Squash Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash, halved and seeded
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except squash in small bowl. Arrange squash cut side up on baking sheet; brush with 1/2 of the Spread mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until squash is tender, brushing with remaining Spread mixture halfway through cooking.
Here are a few other recipes from Country Crock:
If you are looking for even more recipes or veggie ideas then visit the Crock Country Chronicle. We would love to hear what your favorite family holiday side dish is and what Country Crock veggie dish you’d like to try.
Enter to Win:
Country Crock Holiday Veggie Kit:
· 1 coupon for a FREE tub of Country Crock
· Veggie preparation tips
· Four Country Crock holiday recipes
Tell us what veggie dish you want to try
This giveaway ends December 11th. Please see the giveaway rules