Thanks to Truvia® Baking Blend, you can now enjoy sweet and tender sugar cookies with 75% less sugar* than the sugar-sweetened version.
Truvia® Baking Blend Conversion
· A ½ cup of Truvia® Baking Blend has190 calories and provides the same sweetness as one cup of sugar that has 760 calories.
Sugar Cookies with Truvia® Baking Blend
Makes: 6 dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Truvia® Baking Blend
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp skim milk
4 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and Truvia® Baking Blend until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half; pat each into a circle and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill cookie dough for 30 minutes or until slightly firm.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll chilled dough to ¼ to ⅛ inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts per serving (2 cookies; 30 grams)
Calories 120; Total Fat, 5g; Saturated Fat, 3g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 25mg; Sodium, 45mg; Total Carbohydrate, 17g; Dietary Fiber, 0g; Sugars, 3g; Erythritol, 3g; Protein, 2g; Vitamin A, 4% DV; Vitamin C, 0% DV; Calcium, 0% DV; Iron, 4% DV.
Find this recipe and more at www.truvia.com/baking
* These cookies have 120 calories and 3 grams of sugar per serving compared to sugar-sweetened cookies that have 150 calories and 11 grams of sugar per serving.