As always the Hundred Acre Wood delivers a heartwarming story of friendship as the gang – Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Piglet, Kanga, Roo, Eeryore, and Christopher Robin – face hurdles in life. On October 25th you’ll feel more than just a little rumbly in your tummy Pooh style as you hunger for the newest Winnie the Pooh movie on DVD. This newest theatrically featured movie has all of your most loved A.A. Milnes characters in their Disney made-over form on a lost and found hunt. In this tale Eeyore has lost his tail, and Christopher Robin has gone missing. Though Eeroye’s tail is a definite mystery, the friends are sent on a wild goose chance to find him a new one while in the middle of their quest Christopher Robin is captured by the Backson monster. OH BOTHER, what will these friends do?
Who do you know from Winnie the Pooh?
· John Cleese is the Narrator; You’ll know him best for his comedy and from his work in Monty Python.
· Jim Cummings is Winnie the Pooh and Tigger; You may not know his face but you know his voice! Name a Disney movie or show … go ahead, think of one … Yeah, he’s in that!
· Craig Ferguson is Owl; Known for his Scottish accent, Ferguson has a current late night show. Your children might recognize his voice from How to Train Your Dragon.
· Tom Kenny is Rabbit; He is also a man of many voices. Think of your favorite non-Disney cartoon, yeah, he’s probably in that.
· Bud Luckey is Eeyore; Known more for his work in the animation department (think Pixar), he was also the voice of Chuckles from Toy Story 3 and Agent Rick Dicker from the Incredible.
· And my favorite, Zooey Deschanel as the featured vocalist; You might recognize her unique singing voice from the movie Elf or from her singing career in the indie folk band “She & Him”.
On this new disc there are also two shorts; one is The Ballad of Nessie which was shown in the beginning of the theatrical showing of Winnie the Pooh, and the other is Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon. On the disc you’ll also get deleted scenes, sing-along with the movie to seven featured songs from the film, and song selection of seven other featured tunes.
My sons love this movie about friendship, but I have to say my 4YO “scaredy-cat” is afraid of the Backson. He’ll bite his nails through the movie hoping the Backson doesn’t get his beloved friends of the Hundred Acre Wood; so he especially hates the end when they show an actual Backson. My “brave” little 2YO however LOVES this movie and wants to restart it as soon as it’s ended! I also adored this Winnie the Pooh movie, and even my husband likes it. Winnie the Pooh is now in our regular movie night rotation!
Mom Start’s Rating of Disney’s Winnie the Pooh: A- (only for all you less than brave souls out there)
You can preorder your copy of Winnie the Pooh on DVD with Blu-Ray with Digital Copy ($28) or without Digital Copy ($25) on Amazon NOW!
Summer is very active in our Local MOMS Club chapter, she is the mother of two adorable active boys, and is always thinking of ways to help others. She is a friend, a wife, and always busy as all mommies are. She is very active on Facebook, addicted to Geocaching and very interested in organic and green living while cooking up a storm.
We received a free sample.