I spent a week with the 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon and have a good feel of what I like and what I don’t like. Mostly I like, just a few things I would have to get used to if I made the switch to the Acura TSX Sport Wagon.
One thing I would have to get used to is how low it is, but that’s something I could get used to. I hit my head three times getting into the car and one time trying to buckle the kids into it. Which is another thing I don’t really care for. (I do have to mention though that the latch system was super easy to use and latch the seats in)
Car seats are fine and they will fit quite well in the Acura TSX Sport Wagon, but booster seats are a pain in the butt because you have to buckle them every time and it’s hard because the seat belt latch doesn’t extend any. It’s too short. But I know that’s another thing I could get used to, as with anything it would become a routine.
Another thing I had a few issues with was the GPS. I think it was user error but I tried to get myself to the Park N Fly in Seattle and it tried to send me to Ontario, nope wrong address. So I tried to manually enter the address and it wouldn’t let me do that either. I was frustrated. I was probably doing something wrong, and too worried and not thinking clearly. I had a flight to catch and didn’t want to miss it. My husband was able to use the GPS system with no problem at all. We looked at the route using the highway and using side streets. It’s nice because you can avoid tolls and traffic.
The Acura Navigation System, the centerpiece of the TSX Sport Wagon Technology Package, is operated by a hard drive and viewed through a full VGA, 8-inch screen, making it faster, easier to read and more useful than ever before.
- The high-resolution, 8-inch screen is mounted high in the center control panel to minimize eye diversion from the road.
- You can enter an address or dial a location from its vast destination database, using the interface dial or the Voice Recognition system.
- The system will plot your path on the map and show special displays to guide you through freeway ramps, interchanges and forks in the road and even provide voiced guidance, if desired.
- Additional features include Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews, available AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ with Traffic Rerouting™ information and AcuraLink® Real-Time Weather™13 that can help you get around delays while traveling to your desired destination.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, the AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic and Weather data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined or separate from other XM® subscriptions.
- Interstates and expressways are color-coded to indicate traffic flow levels.
- Icons indicate the location of incidents and traffic conditions affected by construction and weather.
The locks on the doors would take a little adjustment on my part too. I’m used to my kids being able to open their doors when we get somewhere and they can’t open them. I mean it might be a good thing if you don’t want your kids running in the street, but I’ve grown accustomed to the doors unlocking when I remove the key from the ignition. So having to unlock the doors for the kids was different for me, but as I think about it there have been plenty of times when I’ve had to yell, don’t leave the car yet!!!
I Love driving it. It’s sporty and feels fast, it turns well and responds even better. I love the heated seats. I love the sun roof. The seats are quite comfy too and the front seat was very adjustable with key memory. When key number one unlocks the car seat one is preset and ready for the driver when they get in.
Every TSX Sport Wagon comes equipped with sumptuous, soft, perforated-leather front seats that provide the ideal balance of indulgence and support.
- Dual-level heated seats enhance the dual-zone, dual-mode automatic climate control system for added comfort on cold days.
- The driver will find just the right seating position with an 8-way power seat with adjustable lumbar support, and the front passenger has a 4-way power adjustment.
- Perforated seating surfaces breathe to provide long-term comfort in hot weather.
- Deep side bolsters secure you on curves, while the seatbacks support the contours of your back for long-term comfort.
With its luxurious rear seats and generous rear passenger room, the TSX Sport Wagon is the epitome of comfort.
- Rear seats have the same soft, perforated leather as the front seats.
- Rear seat room is outstanding for its class, with impressive leg and headroom for passengers over six feet tall.
- Adjustable vents behind the front center console allow rear passengers to direct airflow.
- The Acura/ELS Surround®32 Sound System on the Technology Package has strategically placed speakers to give rear passengers the surround sound audio effect enjoyed by front passengers.
And this car is the car for music and entertainment lovers. It connect to just about everything. Your phone connects over Bluetooth for music play and for phone calls. We connected our phone over the wire and played our favorite playlists that way. The car has a built in hard drive and will copy music you insert allowing you to make a playlist in your car.
- Approximately 3,500-song 15GB hard disk drive memory (HDD) media storage with shuffle, playlist creation, and an updatable Gracenote® database
- DVD-A, MP3, WMA6 and DTS-compatible disc player
- 460-watt amplifier with digital 96 kHz sampling for crystal-clear sound
- 10 speakers—1 per door, 2 tweeters, 1 center mid-range, 2 rear surround, 1 powered 8-inch sub-woofer
- Detailed audio system displays through the navigation screen10
- Almost all functions can be performed by Voice Recognition
- Song by Voice™, which allows songs stored in the HDD or in an iPod® to be accessed by voice command
- The Note function music reminder that lets you store song information and a 10-second sample as it’s aired on an XM® Radio4 station so you can recall it later
It also has amazing speakers and sound. Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music the way it is heard in the recording studio. The system can play 5.1 surround sound DVD-A discs, the highest-fidelity sound medium available. Surround sound can also be extracted from any stereo digital source, thanks to Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II circuitry.
It’s easy to take your digital music library along for the ride in your TSX Sport Wagon. A USB7 connection interfaces with Apple® iPod®8 players and other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files.
- On a compatible iPod®, music selection can be controlled through the audio system, including the steering wheel-mounted controls.
- The USB will charge a compatible iPod® while it’s playing.
- You can plug in, select, and play music from a flash drive or other USB storage device.
- Track and folder information appears on the center display to simplify music search and selection.
- An auxiliary input jack can be connected to any personal audio device.
- Both the USB and auxiliary inputs are within the center console-covered storage area, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
I also love how easy it is to open the back hatch. It opens with the keychain, or from an inside button in the car and it closes with the touch of a button.
Press a button on the key fob, and the tailgate will automatically open for you. And when you’re finished loading or unloading, just press the button again and it powers down and latches.
- The tailgate will also activate from a button on the driver’s door, as well as by a button on the tailgate itself.
- In the event of a power failure, the tailgate can be raised and lowered manually.
- When opening or closing, the tailgate will automatically reverse itself if it encounters a sufficient obstruction.
Overall I really liked having the The Acura TSX Sport Wagon. It gets pretty good gas mileage: EPA Fuel Economy Estimates: 22 city MPG & 30 Highway MPG.
I used the car for a week, returned it and was not compensated in any way.