This is partnered post with Teflon
Did you know that you can make cornbread in a pan on top of the oven and that it doesn’t have to be a skillet? We received a 12-piece cookware set from Teflon who is partnering with Farberware Cookware. If you saw in our post over the weekend we are hosting a twitter party with them. You can RSVP for the #SeasonstoCelebrate twitter party here: Join Us For #SeasonstoCelebrate Twitter Party @TeflonBrand @FarberwareCook 7 PM CST 11/13.
Anyway, using the Teflon coated Farberware Cookware it’s quite easy to make dishes you love without worrying about anything sticking. We found this great Pan Style Sausage & Corn Cornbread Recipe that you can make on the stovetop with little mess to clean up.
Pan Style Sausage & Corn Cornbread Recipe
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar (use more, if desired)
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons oil or butter, for the pan
- 1 pound cooked maple brown sugar sausage
- 1 Package Frozen Corn heated
- Measure buttermilk or soured milk into a small bowl. Add egg and beat with a fork. Stir in oil and honey.
- In another bowl, mix cornmeal, salt and baking soda.
- Heat skillet, add 2 teaspoons butter or oil and spread to cover bottom and sides of skillet thoroughly.
- Add cornmeal mixture to milk mixture, stir briefly, add sausage and corn and pour into hot skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. (If skillet has no lid, improvise with foil, a plate, etc.)
- Check after 6 – 8 minutes. (It may take a few minutes more.) Cornbread has cooked long enough when firm around the edges and center is almost firm. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for a few minutes. It will continue to cook.
- Serve warm.
From the week of October 16th through the week of December 18th, Farberware’s social channels are having weekly holiday-themed content that focuses on quick and easy holiday entertaining with the help in the kitchen from Farberware® and Teflon® brand. Such content includes entertaining and menu inspiration that offers their community members unique, family-friendly and easy ways to celebrate the holidays. And there will be great giveaways.
· Week 4 (Nov. 10-16) – Just Desserts
· Week 5 (Nov. 18-24) – Tried-and-True Thanksgiving
· Week 6 (Nov. 26- Dec. 2) – Last-Minute Holiday Side Dishes / Holiday Leftovers
· Week 7 (Dec. 4-10) – Feliz Navidad Fiesta
· Week 8 (Dec. 12-18) – Seasonal Celebrating (Hanukkah & Christmas)
Throughout the course of the campaign, users can visit Teflon® brand’s “Celebrate the Seasons” Facebook tab or go to Farberware®’s website to enter the sweepstakes.