With Winter over and Spring finally here we’re entering into Sports Season. Kids and moms will be busy busy busy going from activity to activity, and from practice to games. With all of this activity comes nutritional needs, and sometimes injuries and moms want to know how to take care of their kids under all conditions. Gatorade created the “Gatorade Sports Mom Study” to find out exactly what moms want to know. From the survey they found:
· Sports Moms are a big community 13 million strong. In fact, 7 of 10 moms are raising kids in competitive sports.
· Athletes have special nutritional needs to fuel sports performance and nutrition is where Sports Moms say they make the most impact on their young athletes’ success.
· Despite their commitment to nutrition, Sports Moms have concerns and uncertainties around their #1 role, including protein, hydration, pre- and post- game fuel.
· Sports Moms reported that there are additional nutritional challenges when raising an athlete including the fact that kids in sports eat an extra meal a week and two more meals away from home than kids who aren’t in sports.
Because Gatorade is really into supporting moms and sports they have developed a new resource for moms to connect and learn more about kids and sports. When Visiting the Sport Mom’s Resource you’ll find things like:
· Articles and advice discussing various topics including nutrition, hydration, sports injury and training and conditioning
· Meet real Sports Moms, not actors, as they share their stories about raising kids in sports
· Watch Sports Mom TV, inspirational documentary webisodes featuring real Sports Moms of youth athletes and professional athletes
· Learn how Gatorade is scientifically formulated to give athletes the edge and about Gatorade’s 40+ years of science and athletic research
I received a really cool Sports Mom Survival Pack from Gatorade. It’s quite a treat. The running jacket is made of that dry wet material that keeps you dry while you work out, and it’s super nice quality. Of course I love the Gatorade too and I’ll be happy to give that to my kids in the following weeks. Zoe’s a lot like her dad, she likes anything other than water.
Enter to Win:
· Gatorade Nike Dri-Fit hoodie
· Gatorade drawstring tote
· Gatorade 1 gallon cooler
· Gatorade water bottle
· 18.4 oz of Gatorade 02 Powder (makes 4 qt of Gatorade)
Tell me what you need to know about kids sports, nutrition, or injuries?
Please vote for Our Family Picnic (extra entry for every vote, every day)
Tweet or RT this post and include the link to the post
Sports Moms Resource and a Gatorade Survival Pack #Giveaway http://bit.ly/f59A7R
Subscribe to MomStart
Comment on any non-giveaway post
List this giveaway on any giveaway site, dig, stumble, like or share on Facebook (or use any of the share options listed below)
Blog About this Giveaway (10 extra entries, linking to the giveaway)
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Follow/Like Mom Start on Facebook
Follow me on Google Friend Connect
This giveaway ends May 2nd. All rules can be found under giveaway rules.
Disclosure – A product was provided to me free of charge by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the writing of this review; however, opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.