I’m really getting into the green movement lately and when I found that Aveda one of my favorite brands is initiating such a profound recycling program I had to share it with you guys. If you like and use Aveda like I do check out how they are recycling and how you can join in the Full Circle Recycling Process.
The Full Circle recycling program is the latest step in the brand’s environmental commitment, seeking to take responsibility for all Aveda packaging in the U.S. Aveda continues to be mindful of its environmental footprint and paves the way in environmental leadership by:
· Minimizing packaging, maximizing the use of post-consumer recycled materials, using materials that can be and are recyclable and by designing packaging so that the individual parts can be separated for recycling.
· Building on the success of the Aveda Caps Program. In 2008, Aveda created the first bottle cap collection program of its kind in the continental U.S., helping to eliminate this type of plastic from landfills and waterways, and educate recyclers and municipalities about the need to accept #5 plastics at curbside—collecting more than 115 million plastic bottle caps. Newly molded 85% post consumer recycled content caps are now included on Aveda products such as Full Spectrum™ Hair Color and retail sample tubes due to the success of the Aveda Caps Program.
FULL CIRCLE RECYCLING PROCESS:
1. Check with your local recycler to determine what types of materials are accepted via curbside service. Municipal recycling programs vary on the types of items accepted in community programs.
2. Any Aveda packaging not accepted curbside, such as caps, makeup brushes, and various bottles, jars, tubes and pumps, can be brought into any Aveda Experience Center retail store in the United States and placed in the Full Circle recycling bin. Visit Aveda com/locator to find the Aveda Experience Center retail location nearest you.
3. Once full, the Full Circle recycling collection bin will be sent to Aveda’s recycling partner g2 revolution in Findlay, OH where items will be sorted by material category. And, g2 revolution ships all packages under UPS’ Carbon Neutral Program. Based upon the total volume of packages shipped, g2 revolution pays UPS to purchase certified vintage carbon offsets to balance out the emissions produced by the transportation of the shipments.
4. All materials will be recycled, reused or burned for energy recovery—with the intention of utilizing collected material to create new Aveda packaging or accessories.
AVEDA EXPERIENCE CENTERS ARE LOCATED IN:
AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WI.