We’re having a heat wave…..
It’s been really nice in Washington, we’ve had one of the most beautiful summers I can remember in all the years I’ve lived here. In fact, on a few days it’s even been down right hot so we’ve been in need of cooling off and as you know we’re having all the Popsicles we can eat. I still recommend stocking your freezer with popsicles, but if you’re in the home made type dessert I wanted to share this recipe that e-meals sent me. It’s for Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream. I love Buttermilk so this should be good.
Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream
· 2 ½ pounds ripe peaches, divided
· ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
· ½ cup packed light brown sugar
· 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ¼ teaspoon almond extract
· 2 cups buttermilk
1. Peel peaches, halve, and remove pits. Place 2 pounds of the peaches in a food processor and coarsely chop.
2. Add ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, vanilla extract, almond extract, and buttermilk; puree.
3. Pour into a large bowl, cover, and chill one hour.
4. Coarsely chop remaining ½ pound of peaches.
5. Place in a medium bowl, and gently toss with remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar and ½ tablespoon lemon juice.
6. Chill until buttermilk mixture is ready to use.
7. Add chopped peach mixture to buttermilk mixture, and pour into an ice cream freezer.
8. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
9. Store leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer up to 1 week.
This recipe was provided by www.emeals.com