I’m really starting to get into this app thing. I was slow to the roll, but am fully on board, for all of these education apps. I feel like if the kids are going to be on the devices let’s at least give them the opportunity to have an educational type app. PBS KIDS has created The Cat in the Hat Builds That! app.
The Cat in the Hat Builds That! app offers the second adaptive learning game from PBS KIDS, with personalization that empowers kids to make choices about their play-based experiences that enhance their learning. Like The Ruff Ruffman Show’s Fish Force, released in the fall of 2017, the adaptive game within the app offers experiences that provide real-time contextual feedback based on what just happened in the game, and shifts challenge sequences to adjust difficulty and match player ability.
More core features, below.
- Fully customized backyard that grows the more you play
- Ability for more than one child to save their own game and backyard progress
- 3 multi-level games, including an adaptive game experience that progresses based on how a single user plays
- 4 Cat in in the Hat inspired tools to help with science discoveries and observations including a magnifying Micromaboodle, a Doodlemaboodle sketch pad, the Snap-o-rama camera and a measuring Snaila-ma-bob
- Video from THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT! series, which offers preschoolers more ways to engage with the characters and science
In addition to the app release, kids and families can now watch new episodes of THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT!. The episodes air on PBS stations (check local listings) and the PBS KIDS 24/7 channel and live stream, and will also be available for free on pbskids.org and the PBS KIDS Video App.