This is a partnered post all opinions are my own.
I stink at being organized, it’s just not my cup of tea but it is so very very important. If I was to get organized and file things as they come in and not in March right before taxes were do it would be a whole lot less stressful. Am I organized today? No, is it time to start thinking about it yes yes it is. And it’s not just about tax season, it’s also just being organized and having less paperwork lying around. I hate having papers laying around everywhere but if you looked at my house you would think it doesn’t bother me at all. We have papers on top of every single surface in the house.
Important papers range from permission slips, school notices, financial statements, write-off paperwork, etc. and if you’re like me you are overwhelmed on where to start organizing them. There is a new app that helps sort through the clutter. FileThis – an easy-to-use platform that fetches and organizes important documents. They have tips and great organizational ideas on their blog like:
- How to get started tackling the paper pile
- What documents are important and what’s not important?
- Which documents are easiest to go paperless
- The benefits of organizing online – including emergencies like hospital visits, or car accidents
Here is how it works:
1. Create a free trial account at FileThis.com/.
2. Pick a destination – that’s the place where FileThis stores your documents. This could be FileThis Cloud or even your cloud storage at Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive or Box
3. After you sign up and connect FileThis with your bank, insurance, payroll, and other accounts, FileThis starts fetching your documents, including historic documents from up to three years ago
Up to 6 connections
Runs once a week
500 MB total storage on FileThis Cloud — OR — use your local computer or a cloud storage of your choice.
Premium for $2.00 a month
Up to 12 connections
Runs once a week
1 GB total storage on FileThis Cloud — OR — use your local computer or a cloud storage of your choice.
Ultimate for $5.00 a month
Up to 30 connections
10 GB total storage on FileThis Cloud — OR — use your local computer or a cloud storage of your choice.
Plus optional Add On Packs
Signing up is easy. Inputting my information was easy. I chose to store everything on the FileThis cloud and then it wanted all my connections:
They have banks, stores, pretty much anywhere you have an on-line account they have thought to have it added to their site. It’s so nice to have everything in one place and with it on the cloud you have access to it no matter where you are, you just need an internet connection or your cell phone. Not only can you connect on-line accounts but you can upload any documents
It’s a really great way to get organized and lose the paper trail.