The NOOK has a v1.3 software update now avaliable:
· Breakthrough Read In Store experience (in beta) to browse complete eBooks in Barnes & Noble stores for free
· Connect to Wi-Fi in more places like coffee shops and hotels
· Sudoku and Chess – the first apps on the device
· A basic web browser (in beta)
· An enhanced reading experience with faster page turns and accessing previously opened eBooks
· Updated home screen with direct access to Wi-Fi settings and Audio
Download it at www.nook.com/update where you can find additional information and easy-to-follow directions. NOOKs connected to Wi-Fi will receive an automatic NOOK v1.3 update over the next week. (If connected to Wi-Fi, you can initiate an update by tapping My Library, Check for new B&N content. Try again later if it doesn’t work immediately, or do a manual download.)
Then, head over to your local Barnes & Noble store, grab a latte and experience the new Read in Store feature! Make sure your Wi-Fi is on, so you automatically connect to the fast and free Wi-Fi when you walk in.
Go to Shop and you should see a Read In Store promo on your NOOK noting a bunch of great titles that are available to browse for an hour (in their complete form, even if the physical book is not in stock in the store). Here are a few of the many eBooks from more than 200 publishers included on that list:
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- The Help
- A Reliable Wife
- Oprah: A Biography
- The Lost Symbol
- The Last Song
- The Partner
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume 1 (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
- The Titan’s Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
· Nora Roberts’ Bride Quartet Series
While you’re in store, don’t forget to check out all of the great exclusive More In Store content from leading authors, as well as special promotions. Download the content in store and read them anywhere. Learn more about the current offering here.
And as always, if you run into any problems or have any questions please let them know as they’re happy to help. While you’re in store, the bookseller at the NOOK counter should be able to give you a demo of the new features.