In our family we love Barbeque and we love Quesadilla’s. I’ve recently found that it’s quite easy to make your own barbeque sauce and you can use Holland House Malt Vinegar in the recipe.
You can make the barbeque sauce using these ingredients. This recipe only makes two cups of the bbq sauce, you may want to double it if you are like me. Then you can use this on your leftovers, pork, ham or even turkey. It creates a great appetizer, meal or small bite!
BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsps minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Holland House malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsps worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1. Heat oil in saucepan and add onion, garlic, cumin and cayenne. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Makes 2 cups.
Now you can either make quesadillas as a great snack or you can make mini sliders using tasty potato bread rolls. We bought a huge bag of potato bread rolls from Coscto. So we enjoyed some sliders. I didn’t get any photos of the sliders though. I do however have photos of the quesadillas.
It’s a great way to have some small bites full of flavor.
Check out the Holland House Facebook page for more information about the Holland House. Like the NAKANO Facebook page for more information on the Nakano products and make a splash of your own. Momstart is a Mizkan ambassador.