These tart, fresh-tasting muffins are a bright addition to the breakfast or brunch table. Made with Truvia® Baking Blend, these muffins have 70% less sugar* than the sugar-sweetened version.
Cranberry Orange Muffins Recipe with Truvia® Baking Blend
Makes 12 muffins
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
⅓ cup Truvia® Baking Blend
1 Tbsp orange zest
½ cup orange juice
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup skim milk
1 ½ cups cranberries (fresh or frozen), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare muffin tin by greasing cups or use paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix together with a fork.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, Truvia® Baking Blend, orange zest and juice, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
5. Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
6. Fold in chopped cranberries.
7. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full.
8. Bake until golden and a toothpick comes out clean (20-25 minutes).
9. Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts per serving (1 muffin; 80g)
Calories 190; Total Fat, 9g; Saturated Fat, 5g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 50mg; Sodium, 210mg; Total Carbohydrate, 25g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 4g; Erythritol, 3g: Protein, 4g; Vitamin A, 8% DV; Vitamin C, 15% DV; Calcium, 6% DV; Iron, 8% DV.
Find this recipe and more at www.truvia.com/baking
* This muffin has 190 calories and 4 grams of sugar per serving as compared to a full sugar muffin that has 210 calories and 13 grams of sugar per serving