Today is one of the very last shopping days before Christmas, I can’t believe we still have Christmas shopping to do. Man I just let Christmas sneak up on me this year. My SIL is already here and it feels like we should be opening presents, I shouldn’t be shopping or working. We should be in the kitchen baking our gingerbread house. I think my problem is I always say there is always tomorrow. I’ll do that tomorrow and then of course I come up with another excuse. We’re so close to Christmas that my husband is home and he’s on me to get it all done so he took it in his hands to do the shopping for me. Guess what? With BlueBird, I can set him up with his own card and spending limit and he’s free to finish the shopping for me.
Bluebird offers Members the ability to easily create, manage and specify subaccounts for their friends, family members or colleagues. Members can set up to four subaccounts. Subaccounts are linked to the master Bluebird account and allow the user to set spending limits, set up text/email alerts, and enable/disable key features like ATM access.
And if he’s out and he ends up needing some cash he can easily get some case. As you can see from above I could disable that feature if I needed to but I don’t need to, I really don’t even need to set up a spending limit for him, he’s a responsible adult. But say you wanted to let your teenager practice using a budget. It’s a good idea. So yea, he can get cash out.
Get Cash Access: Bluebird members can use their Bluebird Card for ATM withdrawals anywhere around the world that accepts American Express® Cards. Bluebird Members enrolled in direct deposit can get fee-free and surcharge-free cash access through the MoneyPass’ network of 22,000 ATMs nationwide. Withdrawals at an out-of-network ATM will have a $2 fee and additional fees may be assessed by the ATM owner or operator. For Bluebird Members not enrolled in direct deposit, each ATM withdrawal at any MoneyPass ATM nationwide will have a $2 fee. Note: The $2 fee is waived until November 4, 2012.
When working with your children and teaching them about money and using it correctly, you can still keep tabs on your account and their spending with the online management tools. The mobile app is the best way to go in my opinion, but you can also do it on-line at Bluebird.com.
Set up Money Management Tools: Online management tools provide controls and full transparency for how Bluebird is used. Either online or via the mobile app, Members can:
– View real-time transaction history and monitor spending.
– Receive email or text alerts
– Disable/enable ATM access (master accounts only)
– Inquire about their balance 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
– Schedule reloading of funds automatically.
There are other benefits to having Bluebird (some conditions apply):
– Purchase Protection1 which can provide coverage against accidental damage or theft of eligible items for 90 days from date of purchase, up to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per Cardmember account per calendar year.
– Roadside Assistance2 which may arrange for the following services: towing, winching, jump starts, flat tire change when spare is available, lockout service when key is in vehicle and delivery of up to 2 gallons of fuel.
– Global Assist® Services3 provide pre-trip planning assistance as well as emergency assistance when the Cardmember is traveling more than 100 miles from home.
– Exceptional 24-7 customer service Members have come to expect from American Express.
Initiate Bluebird to Bluebird Transfers: Immediate person-to-person money transfers to other Bluebird Members can be conducted online or via the Bluebird mobile app.
How TO Become A Bluebird Member
The first thing on the list was to sign up and create an account at Bluebird.com. You can do everything on-line or you can go into Walmart and buy a Bluebird card then register the account on-line. It was an easy process, I joined on-line and am my card came quickly. I’m now ready to start spending.
I am posting on behalf of BlueBird sharing my experience as part of a paid campaign. All opinions are my own.