I’m a Hormel Family Ambassador and receive samples for my participation.
I love Mexican food, it’s my all time favorite. Sometimes Mexican food isn’t that healthy because it’s covered in cheese and lots of really tasty but unhealthy in large proportions. This recipe seems more on the healthy side and still contains that Mexican flair.
BBQ Mexican Caesar Salad with Fire Roasted Green Chile Dressing Recipe
- 1 (4-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 burrito-size LA VICTORIA® Flour Tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 3 heads romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Make the Roasted Green Chile Dressing by using a food processor to combine LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and cilantro leaves.
- Blend until smooth. Add mayonnaise, water and Parmesan cheese and blend well. If necessary, add more water to create thick but pourable consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut tortillas into matchstick-size strips. Heat 1-inch of vegetable oil in sauté pan and fry tortilla strips until crisp.
- Remove fried tortilla strips with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Cut each romaine heart in half lengthwise and drizzle or brush each half with 1 teaspoon of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place romaine cut side down on grill 1 minute or until grill marks begin to appear.
- Remove romaine hearts from grill and place each on plate.
- Drizzle with Roasted Green Chile Dressing and top with fried tortilla strips, sprinkling of pepitas and crumbled Cotija cheese.