Leave it to leftovers to keep you in the holiday spirit even after your big meals are over and done with. To help expand your post-feast repertoire (a great left over turkey recipe), Hormel Foods has compiled a list of new ways to enjoy leftovers this holiday season. Impress your family and friends with this creative and tasty option:
Looking for a new approach for all that leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Create Greek Turkey Kabobs by cutting Jennie-O® Turkey Store® oven roasted turkey breast into cubes and alternately threading them onto skewers with cucumbers, tomatoes and Peloponnese® kalamata pitted olives. This Mediterranean twist might just convert reluctant turkey eaters!
Greek Turkey Kabobs:
Servings: This recipe is recommended for 8 servings
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds JENNIE-O® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 16 PELOPONNESE® Kalamata Pitted Olives
- Hot, cooked parsley rice pilaf
- In medium bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add turkey; stir to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, prepare grill for medium heat or heat broiler.
- Alternately thread turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives onto 8 metal skewers. Grill 6 inches from heat source, turning and basting often with marinade, 5 minutes or until turkey is browned and cooked through. Serve with hot rice pilaf.