Holiday Outfit Ideas for Kids
The holidays are a time when you have the opportunity to dress up your kids in outfits that go beyond play clothes designed for destruction. Of course, not every event over the holiday season requires elaborate outfits, but you can still have some fun and break away from the norm!
Holiday Outfits for Boys
If you’ve got a little boy , consider one of these outfit options for your holiday events:
1. Sweater vest, collared shirt, and corduroy pants – this is a comfortable outfit that is easy to wash and wear. For a more casual look, put a plaid shirt under the vest, and match one of the colors. For a dressier look, make it a plain dress shirt and an argyle or patterned vest. The added benefit is that the layers are handy for unpredictable weather conditions indoors and outdoors.
2. Pants with suspenders – places like the Suspender Store carry cute sets of suspenders that can be paired with pants that are casual or dressy. A nice collared shirt will add to the overall look for holiday events. This is also a very affordable outfit alternative as you can use what you have on hand and simply get new suspenders into the mix.
3. Suit jacket and jeans – for a more formal event, try a suit jacket, collared shirt, and add a nice pair of dark jeans. The jeans will be more durable for any play adventures that take place.
Holiday Outfits for Girls
1. Dresses – a fun holiday themed dress is always a fun option as there is very little other opportunity to put a child in this kind of outfit! Of course, this is suitable for a more formal event.
2. A cardigan and more casual dress – put a fun cardigan on over a casual, season-appropriate dress for your little girl. The extra layer will keep her warm, and protect the dress from mealtime! To create a cheaper outfit, simply use a dress and a pair of shoes already in her closet, and grab the cardigan as a new focal point.
Remember, to create new outfits for the holiday season, you don’t always have to break the bank. Shop secondhand for things that might only get worn once or twice, or setup a clothing swap with a friend!