Chicken Cacciatore Recipe from @emeals –An Easy, Healthy Dinner Dish
I think chicken is one of those things that is awesome for dinner… but I always run out of things to do with it. Thanks to eMeals, my chicken recipe arsenal is always well stocked. The best part is that even when I’ve been trying to eat healthy, I can still find great recipes with my emeals subscription, which is provided for me since I’m part of the eMeals Blogger Network.
Let me first admit that this isn’t exactly the super traditional Italian dish. First of all, it’s served over rice. It’s also missing some of the extra veggies that a lot of Italian recipes call for. I still absolutely LOVE it though and will make it again for my family. So without further ado, here is the chicken recipe.
Chicken Cacciatore Over Rice Recipe
You will need:
1 c. uncooked brown rice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 T olive oil
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
8 oz sliced mushrooms
14 oz can stewed tomatoes (I actually made this with diced tomatoes instead and added a little extra)
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1 T minced fresh garlic
- Cook rice according to package directions to yield 3 c. cooked rice.
- Salt and pepper chicken and cook in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, covered for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to hot skillet and sauté until tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining ingredients except rice then simmer 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook 5 minutes more or until done and heated throughout.
- Divide into 6 servings; serve each over ½ c brown rice.
Check out eMeals for more delicious and healthy recipes. I love having my weekly meal plan pop into my email once a week!
Ashley is a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend, and former teacher working to navigate through the mysterious world of Mommyia. Read more about her adventures at @Momicles2010.