The Lysol brand has teamed up with Dr. Laura Jana, a pediatrician, mother of three school aged-children and owner of an educational daycare center. She would like to share her back to school checklist with moms to help them prepare their children for a healthy and happy school year. Her tips include:
- The Health administration is predicting a very serious cold and flu season, so teach your children about healthy hygiene habits before they go back to school and get exposed to classroom germs, like MRSA or H1N1 virus. Check out the new educational Web Site for kids, developed in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at www.oopkids.com. This kid-friendly Web site is designed to educate children about healthy hygiene habits and safety routines.
– This Web site is an expansion from an existing health campaign with the CDC – Ounce of Prevention
- Send school germs packing by encouraging your children to drop their book bags, take off their shoes and leave their coats at the door when they walk in. Send them straight to the sink to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds (long enough to sing Happy Birthday twice!) while you spray their bags with Lysol Disinfectant Spray to help kill bacteria they may have picked up from the school bus, the playground or the classroom.
– Lysol Disinfectant Spray effectively kills 99.9% of bacteria on soft surfaces, including the family couch! (Press release available upon request)
– For more information, check out the Lysol Back to School Information Center at
Besides giving you medical advice that I am not qualified to give I can tell you to be smart. Keep surfaces clean, cover your mouth with your arm not your hand, wash your hands and disinfect toys. Some of the best advice I was given was given to my by my grandmother. She told me that I need to not be so hard on myself when it comes to keeping the house clean. I have to toddlers and they are a handful, (she would know she had six). Just disinfect the toys once a week with Lysol or bleach. Also, with kids back in school, parents need be prepared for what’s being sent home with their children. And I don’t mean homework – germs. This was actually one of the topics we talked about in MOMS Club. It’s that time of year. Cold and flu season.
Lysol wants us to have a healthy school year, so we’d like to offer you expert advice and a reader giveaway.
Two lucky readers will receive:
a 12.5 oz Lysol Disinfectant Spray and two 40 ct. canisters of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes
(one is to give to a teacher)
Tell me what you do to fight germs
Vote for me for 5 extra entries
Non-bloggers get an extra entry for every e-mail they send out linking to this giveaway cc email@example.com (be sure to leave a comment for every person you e-mail, for example if you e-mail 10 different people leave 10 different comments)
Subscribe to my blog
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Blog about the giveaway include a link to me for 10 extra entries
Tweet the giveaway (every time you tweet you get an entry) Link to the giveaway please!!!
Add my button to your blog/blog roll 10 extra points if it is on your homepage
Dig, Stumble, or fav me on Technorati (two entries for each one)
Comment on any other post and come back here and tell me you did.
Leave a comment for every entry
The contest will run until October 19th 11:59 pm Pacific. The winner will be selected by www.random.org