To Flit is to move quickly and lightly from one store to another.
Flit.com was built by a team that loves shopping online but wanted to make it easier and more fun. They were a team of people that found themselves spending a lot of time and effort trying to recall the good stores, get to their sites, then enter the same searches over and over again. I find myself doing the same thing. Going to the same site to do the same search over and over again.
Some stores, like RestorationHardware.com, have urls that are longer than your arm or longer.
Flit.com was designed and built to give online shopping a makeover by delivering an easier and better experience. Features from the site:
- Shop inside™ – enter what you’re looking for just once then a single click initiates a search inside all the stores you want
- Favorites – a personalized tab to keep your favorite stores easily accessible and share them with friends. If your friends then send you theirs, your favorite lists will all grow in synch.
- Search history – allows you to reuse earlier searches without retyping
- Search trail™ – a visual record of the stores you have visited and an easy way to search them again. The Store Tagger option lets you mark stores that have things of interest.
- Save my session – a simple way to save your entire shopping session so you can come back to it at anytime.
- Category index – lets you jump quickly to new categories and discover new stores
I decided to give flit a twirl. So I went to the flit home page and took it for a test drive. In the search box I entered “Tinkerbell”. Then came up a window full of store options, 10 to be exact.
Then the super cool thing for me was that you can click on each button and it takes you to that website and pulls up your search. Then there are tabs that separate the stores into different categories, like electronics, Women’s clothing, sports and Men’s clothing. Each button that comes up under each tag still takes you to your search phrase. So it’s quite an efficient way to do a specific shopping search.
Flit.com is the easiest way to find this season’s hottest toys such as the Zhu Zhu Pets, Twilight Dolls, DJ Hero and Elmo Tickle Hands. Unlike other shopping sites that return a disorganized jumble of products, Flit.com creates a virtual shopping mall that lets you visit each store with one click and puts the item you’re looking for upfront and center on each site. Plus, the site will save your search – so you can resume your lunchtime hunt after the kids go to bed. Flit.com provides a one-click search platform across more than 275 leading retail brands spanning 30-plus popular categories including toys, fashion, home goods, jewelry, electronics, sports and gourmet foods
Flit is offering a 50.00 American Express Gift Card to use for shopping while searching their site.
Visit Flit and tell me if they have the store you like to shop at listed and if not what you think they should add.
Advertise this giveaway on any giveaway site and tell me where you advertised it. 10 Extra Entries
Subscribe to my blog
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Blog about the giveaway include a link to me and to the sponsor for 10 extra entries
Tweet the giveaway (every time you tweet you get an entry) Link to the giveaway please!!!
Comment on any other non giveaway post and come back and tell me you did
Use any of the Share options at the bottom of this post: Dig, Stumble, or fav me on Technorati (two entries for each one)
Add my button/blog to your blogroll/friend list 3 extra entries
Leave a comment for every entry