The Bravern, one of the Pacific Northwest’s most stylish shopping experiences, is also home to one of the Eastside’s most family-friendly holiday celebrations, with shops, gift ideas and events to suit every person in the family. On Nov. 19 The Bravern will kick off the holiday season with the Eastside’s only Christmas tree lighting as part of the “Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern” holiday celebration. The tree-lighting event will be hosted by KIRO 7’s Jenni Hogan and includes festivities for the entire family including a visit from Santa Claus escorted by the Sea Gals in a horse-drawn carriage. The Bravern is located at the intersection of NE 8th Street and 110th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004. I really wanted to attend this event but we have another event planned for this weekend. My husband and I are still deciding on which event we are actually going to go to. Wow, who knew having kids would fill up our schedules so quickly.
“Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern” is the 2010 holiday celebration hosted by The Bravern, offering the Pacific Northwest’s most stylish and comfortable shopping experience. In addition to the tree-lighting event, “Enchanted Holidays at The Bravern” includes a variety of events to help celebrate the holidays including:
· Cool Winter Nights: Every Thursday in December from 5:30-7:30 p.m., enjoy live music, drinks and appetizers from Wild Ginger off of the 110th arrival court. All ticket proceeds benefit Childhaven.
· Spectacular Light Show: Every day at 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., guests will enjoy a unique light show displayed in the NE 8th arrival court.
· Photos with & Letters to Santa: Santa will be available to listen to children’s wishes and pose for holiday photos every Friday, Saturday and Sunday between November 26 and December 19, and every day from December 20-23. Kids are also invited to write their letters to Santa at Silberman Brown Stationers and drop them off with Santa or in his special mailbox. All letters will be mailed to the parents. Times vary; please visit http://www.thebravern.com/holiday for the schedule.
· Cookie Decorating: Bring the kids to enjoy an hour of delicious holiday cookie decorating every Wednesday from 12-1 p.m. at Sur La Table, immediately following Little Bookworms, The Bravern’s weekly story hour.
· Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus: On Dec. 4 and Dec. 11 from 9-11 a.m., join two of the holidays’ favorite icons, Santa and Mrs. Claus at Neiman Marcus, for a delightful full-plate breakfast featuring a special surprise for young guests.