The holiday season is here, and with a plethora of videogames for $30 bucks or less, it doesn’t have to break the bank. Perfect stocking stuffers for kids of all ages, check out these bargain games that will get the whole family involved, for practically nothing. Oops! Prank Party, Deca Sports 3 and Kid Adventures: Sky Captain were all recently recognized with awards from the National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA).
- Oops Prank Party ($19.99 from Hudson Entertainment on Nintendo Wii) — Featuring an incredibly fun and smart mix of 100 brain-teasing, puzzle-solving, reflex-testing games, Oops! Prank Party is the perfect centerpiece to any party, or just as the game to play after homework. Tease the competition with outlandish pranks, all in the name of good clean fun!
- Family Party 90 Great Games ($19.95 from D3Publisher of America on Nintendo Wii) – Offering 90 games in one great value package, Family Party: 90 Great Games Party Pack, features summer games, winter sports, arcade games, board games and more. That’s a game for less than a quarter each!
- Deca Sports 3 ($29.99 from Hudson Entertainment on Nintendo Wii) – The hit sports compilation series is back with 10 completely new sporting events including volleyball, racquetball, air racing, kayak slalom, lacrosse, fencing, halfpipe (snowboarding), giant slalom (skiing), springboard diving, and even log cutting. Simple controls let the entire family play together, while advanced controls let you take advantage of Wii MotionPlus™.
- Kid Adventures: Sky Captain ($19.95 from D3Publisher of America on Nintendo Wii ) – Get ready to go soaring with this kid-flying fantasy title where kids and families can take control of their very own planes in a bright, fun-filled, action flight game that enables them to soar across the skies in 40 exciting missions that include sky racing, stunt flying, target shooting, treasure hunting and unlocking flying machines such as jet planes and UFOs.
Giving or getting an iPhone or Ipad this holiday season? Make sure to stock it with FREE apps from ngmoco and Booyah like We Doodle, We Rule, and MyTown:
· We Doodle – An online word-guessing game that “draws” players into fast-paced draw-and-guess multiplayer action. Optimized for the iPad and iPhone, players take to the digital canvas armed with stencils, brushes, canvas backgrounds and other creative crafts to create doodles. We Doodle is available now for free on the App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch at http://appstore.ngmoco.com/wedoodle.
· We Rule – In We Rule, players preside over their very own whimsical kingdom full of castles, farms and, of course, loyal citizens. Players raise crops, collect taxes and trade with neighboring realms via the social connectivity of ngmoco’s Plus+ Network. We Rule is available for free, for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad from the Apple App Store at http://appstore.ngmoco.com/werule.
· MyTown – MyTown uses GPS features to check-in at real-world locations to unlock real-life rewards. Players can buy and upgrade shops, enjoying MyTown ownership of their favorite real-life places in a digital world. Booyah’s MyTown is available now exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch users and can be downloaded at http://bit.ly/66TJGb.