The other night my husband made cookies for me. Oh he’s a wonderful man that loves me so much because not only did he bake the cookies from a cook book that I needed to do a review. The new Entenmann’s Big Book Of Baking is a comprehensive collection of mouth-watering baked goods recipes. Each page has a full color photo of the recipe and I want to cook myself through the entire book.
The collection of over 140 recipes includes those reminiscent of favorite Entenmann’s classics along with an assortment of new ideas, providing the perfect recipe for every occasion. Focusing on fresh ingredients and simple preparation, Entenmann’s Big Book of Baking makes it easy for bakers of all levels to create Entenmann’s classic baked goods with a homespun touch. I’m loving it! Here is my husband’s first go!
He gathered the ingredients and mixed them together.
Used our cookie baller, our favorite kitchen device next to the ice cream scoop.
Then out came these beauties, 10 minutes later.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Spray your cookie sheet with nonstick spray
- Cream your butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth
- Then mix in the flour, cocoa and baking soda
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a walnut and space them apart
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes
- Let cook on a baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely