As many times as I give away flowers you would think my house is full of them. Well, it’s not currently full of flowers. I love flowers, I prefer them outside in my yard where they can live year after year. However, when my DH gets me flowers it still makes me all giddy. He likes to get them for me just because.
Roses make me feel loved and the smell makes me all tingly. Did you know that 1-800-flowers has a guide that specifies which flower produces what scent. Then how that particular scent is supposed to make you feel?
They also include a color chart and how colors make you feel. I do remember learning when I was very young that red is supposed to make you feel angry and blue or green is a cool and soothing color but that was YEARS ago. Let’s see what the current trend is on colors according to 1-800-Flowers.
De-Stress and Recharge Floral Guide:
- Roses – In need of a pick-me-up? The sweet aroma and bold colors of red roses can help boost energy and improve mood. Check out the Rose Elegance™ Premium Long Stem Red Roses ($49.99 – $159.99)or Sweetheart Rose Bouquet ($39.99 – $49.99)
- Lavender – Considered a natural remedy for insomnia, the scent of lavender can prompt your body to produce a calming compound which promotes relaxation and helps relax and alleviate stress. Check out the Lavender Dish Garden ($49.99) or the Crabtree & Evelyn® Lavender Hatbox (SALE $55.99)
- Mint – With a scent that immediately awakens, the smell of fresh mint is refreshing and purifying to both the body and soul. Check out the Summer Herb Garden Trio ($44.99) or the Taste of Tea ($16.99)
- Light Purple & Blue – These hues are soothing and can help relieve tension and reduce anxiety. Use these colored arrangements to create an atmosphere of comfort and tranquility. Check out the Blue Hydrangea ($59.95) or the Blue Purple Arrangement By Jane Packer ($100.00)
- Yellow – A cheerful and uplifting color, yellow enhances alertness, increases self-esteem and can strengthen overall wellbeing. Try sunflowers such as Martha Stewart Golden Sunflower Bouquet ($59.95)
I love purple and so does my daughter. My husband took her to Home Depot to buy some flowers and they brought home blue/purple hydrangeas. Did you know that Hydrangeas change color depending on the acidity in your soil. It’s fun to watch them change colors.
Julie Mulligan, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM’s floral lifestyle expert, recently did a blog post about the “power of flowers” so if you’re interested in learning some of her tricks of the trade for easily incorporating fresh flowers into everyday décor, feel free to let me know and I’ll forward the question.
Enter to Win 50.00 Gift Card
Visit 1-800-Flowers and tell me what your arrangement choice would be.
None Bloggers get and extra entry for every e-mail they send out linking to this giveaway cc email@example.com (be sure to leave a comment for every person you e-mail, for example if you e-mail 10 different people leave 10 different comments)
Subscribe to my blog
Follow me on twitter tell me your twitter ID
Blog about the giveaway include a link to me for five extra entries
Tweet the giveaway (every time you tweet you get an entry) Link to the giveaway please!!!
Add my button to your blog/blog roll
Dig, Stumble, or fav me on Technorati (two entries for each one)
Leave a comment for every entry
The contest will run until Monday August 10th 11:59 pm Pacific. The winner will be selected by www.random.org