With back to school now in full swing, I was wondering if you were needing to replace batteries for anything yet. Or perhaps with the purchase of your school supplies you needed to by some batteries. Remember when back to school shopping meant paper notebooks, #2 pencils and calculators the size of text books? That was my school list once upon a time. Times have certainly changed! Both parents and teachers agree that electronic devices are now an essential part of back to school purchases.
Did you find that you needed more batteries this year?
Duracell, the #1 trusted battery brand voted by teachers, recently conducted a survey that reveals how electronic devices can positively shape the success of a student’s educational experience both inside and outside of the classroom. The survey found that a majority of parents (52 percent) say that batteries are part of their back to school purchases. The survey results also revealed that:
- 85 percent of teachers agree that their students enjoy using electronic devices to learn as opposed to more traditional learning devices like text books.
- 74 percent of teachers agree that technology increases their students’ motivation and self-esteem.
- 66 percent of teachers believe that the use of technology allows their school to be more green and 53% say that because of advances of technology at their school, their students are becoming more eco-friendly.
- 59 percent of parents agree that preparing their kids for going back to school can be stressful.
- Duracell wants to make your school year even better with a little back to school year giveaway. We know you all are already back in school but you will always need to replenish your supplies. So we’re going to stock you up on batteries and a Staples Gift Card
This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to the winner, Debbie Jackson.