This photo was taken through the fence and the fence is almost gone. We were visiting the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.
The Muppets have taken over MomStart. In an attempt to let them have their way, they get one post a day as long as I can keep up with them. Today’s post is from Animal and he’s impossible to keep up with always yelling at me with excitement.
Animal has sound advice and from every Muppet movie I’ve ever seen, he sure does know how to have fun. Before I let Animal have his way and give out all of his sound advice, I thought I’d share some interesting facts about Animal.
Animal first appeared in the 1975 pilot, The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence, chained up in a basement cell when he wasn’t onstage performing with the Electric Mayhem. He later became a main character on The Muppet Show, and his unrestrained style has made him popular with young people for decades.
Animal was the official mascot of the U.S. Ski Team during the 1998 Winter Olympics. Animal was also featured in one of eleven commemorative stamps issued by the U.S. Postal Service.
In the movie Muppets from Space, Animal meets his match in the form of a security guard played by Kathy Griffin—after chasing her down a hallway with his "Woo-man" call, he later comes running back around the corner, yelling "HELP HELP!" with Griffin calling after him about how they’ll settle down, buy a house, and have children.
Ty Pennington commented about the possibility of Animal having ADHD when the character appeared on an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I wonder about Ty Pennington having ADHD myself sometimes he’s pretty crazy himself on that show. (love ya Ty!)
In 2010, Animal was featured in a viral video alongside power-pop band OK Go, where he challenged the band’s drummer, Dan Konopka, to a staring contest. Animal ultimately wins and forces Dan to be his roadie for a year.
Animal Demands that you go see his new movie The Muppets in theaters November 23rd. Now without further ado, here are his valuable life living advice.
· ROMANCE! – Animal is not much for subtlety when it comes to finding romance. His idea of flirtatious small talk usually consists of the phrase “WOMAN! WOMAN!” But it works…for him as you saw mentioned above. . As for you, may we suggest finding a slightly less assertive approach to finding love.
· NICE BUNNY! – Everyone needs a sense of security, a quiet space where they can find peace. For Animal, it’s time well spent with his bunny, whose name is “Nice Bunny.” For you, it can be anything from soaking in pond scum (Kermit) to wearing tapioca-filled tap shoes (Gonzo). Wherever you find it, embrace your bliss. Just don’t squeeze too hard.
· EAT NOW! – There are those who believe it is important to “stay hungry” in life, to put off rewards and defer gratification. Animal is not one of those. He devours life—literally—which goes a long way towards explaining his mealtime nickname: the Appetite with Legs.
· FRIENDS! – Good friends watch your back, take care of you and always follow your beat. With his band mates in the Electric Mayhem, Animal has found kindred spirits. (Oh sure, sometimes they yank his chain, but that’s only to make sure he doesn’t miss the tour bus.)
· LIVE LOUD!!!! – Anything worth doing is worth doing at high-decibel. Whether it’s playing drums, singing, expressing your opinion or simply wearing a really loud sports coat, this is a surefire way to make sure the world knows who you are, where you are and in which direction you’re headed.
Facts found on The Muppet Wiki and Wiki itself, advice and photos shared by Disney so take each fact knowing it might not be a complete fact.