While on my trip with Sony I had the opportunity to try out the Xperia Tablet Z prototype and I Loved the fact that it’s waterproof. I love to read while I’m taking a bath, to me that is the ultimate relaxation. I’m soaking in my hot bath with bubbles and reading a book. Well reading a paper book I’m always getting the pages wet as I have to turn the page. When I use my Kindle there is the fear of dropping it in the tub. With the Xperia Tablet Z there is no fear of dropping it because it can be dropped in the water and will recognize wet fingers. Oh and you HAVE to make sure that all ports and doors are closed when placing the device in water.
You can see that I tested it out. I placed it in a bowl of water and lifted it back up and used it. I’m getting a lot more proficient at using the android software and love how connected this tablet is. The Xperia Tablet Z is available in a WiFi version that includes Sony’s Near Field Communication (NFC) One-Touch functions which allow users to transfer content among compatible devices, including audio, video and images, seamlessly from tablet to TV, tablet to speaker or phone to tablet just by touching them together. One-Touch functions are a key component of Sony’s device range this year and no other consumer electronics company today is bringing as many NFC-enabled products to market. The tablet’s Universal IR Remote allows users to control their TV and other Sony devices – as well as products from other manufacturers – directly from the tablet. Additionally, TV SideView is a new application, available from the Google Play store, that gives users an entirely new way to interact with the TV: Discover content via the interactive and visual TV guide, change channels, share with your social networks and cross-search other TV application listings like Netflix®, Video Unlimited™ and YouTube™ in your home network for additional content.
Xperia Tablet Z is the most premium, high performance 10.1” Android tablet available. Built from quality materials and featuring the same stunning OmniBalance design as the Xperia Z smartphone, Xperia Tablet Z is also the slimmest 10.1” tablet in the world at 6.9 mm* and lightweight at 495 grams. It is the first tablet to run on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 Pro asynchronous quad core processor and has the highest levels of water resistance (IP55 & IP57) ever seen in a tablet, making it immersible in up to three feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
Key features for Xperia Tablet Z
- 10.1” Full HD 1920x1200p Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- The world’s thinnest 10.1” tablet at 6.9 mm* and lightweight at 495 grams
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- Built-in universal IR remote control can control Sony and other manufacturers’ consumer electronic devices
- Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core CPU and 2 GB RAM
- One-Touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- A unique OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces
- 8 MP rear camera featuring Exmor R for Mobile and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
- Battery STAMINA mode further improves the standby time
- S-Force Front Surround 3D provides realistic surround sound using two speakers
Sony paid for my expenses for a press trip where they allowed me to test out new technology, the tablet was returned.